Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Session time-out

• tixeon
  • tixeon's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #156834 by tixeon
Session time-out was created by tixeon
Occasionally respondents contact me to let me know that they received a session time-out message. I go in and find their record and sometimes they have only been in the survey for 20 minutes, when other people have been in there for 4 hours+ without any issues.

Ages ago I revised the Limesurvey timeout setting to be something insane like 10 hours, and checked with the hosting provider that their server doesn't time-out.

Does anyone know what else I can do to try to stop random sessions from timing out on people?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 8 months ago #156838 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Session time-out
Hi,

There can be different reason of timeout but you can try github.com/SondagesPro/limesurvey-plugin-heartbeat .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
6 years 8 months ago #156842 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Session time-out

tixeon wrote: I go in and find their record and sometimes they have only been in the survey for 20 minutes, when other people have been in there for 4 hours+ without any issues.

There is no hard time limit with the session. The session timelimit is counted against inactivity.
When you're using a survey with group by group and the session is e.g. 1440sec (default value for PHPsessions), you need a click on the "next button" every 24 min (you might find longer timespans, cause a session is only marked for deletion after the timelimit. The deletion itself can happen with a delay.

You might check your relevant php.ini settings for sessions.
php.net/manual/en/session.configuration.php

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose