Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey order, split, merge and various newby questions

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #93325 by pdeli
Questions to ask in limesurvey.org forum

Dear all,

I'm new both to LimeSurvey and to this forum.

I am a student and we are a group of 3 people doing a research at our college.

We have been advised to use LimeSurvey in order to carry out our work. The survey (questionnaires) will be submitted to two sepearate populations (in two different countries). In order to avoid data confusion, we want to make separate surveys (questionnaires). What we have is the following:
  • survey 1 (12 questions);
  • survey 2 (46 questions including conditional sub-questions);
  • survey 3 (27 questions including conditional sub-questions).

My questions are the following:
  • is it possible to always start with survey 1, but that surveys 2 and 3 appear randomly for each person that answers? If yes, how?
  • as the surveys might feel a bit long (at least to some), is it possible to create pages of, say, 10 questions each? If yes, how?
  • would it be adviseable to merge the surveys into one big survey and create the pages (groups of questions as stated above) within this big unique survey? If yes, how?

Finally, as additional questions:
  • is it, conversely, possible to split a survey into, say, two (or more), separate surveys? If yes, how?
  • is it possible to extract the data, like .CSV, in order to analyse them in a statistics application (RStudio, Statistica, etc.)? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for any answers you might give.
pdeli :)

LimeSurvey Version: 2.00+ Build 130226

++++
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #93365 by KRav

is it possible to always start with survey 1, but that surveys 2 and 3 appear randomly for each person that answers? If yes, how?

Yes, with a custom redirect script. (PHP/Script)

as the surveys might feel a bit long (at least to some), is it possible to create pages of, say, 10 questions each? If yes, how?

What about the progress bar?

would it be adviseable to merge the surveys into one big survey and create the pages (groups of questions as stated above) within this big unique survey? If yes, how?

Mergin automatically ? NO. You could import the question groups into the parent survey.

is it, conversely, possible to split a survey into, say, two (or more), separate surveys? If yes, how?

No

is it possible to extract the data, like .CSV, in order to analyse them in a statistics application (RStudio, Statistica, etc.)? If yes, how?

Yes

You should play around with the LS Demo:
www.limesurvey.org/de/demo

Cheers Kai

research on BLOGS - Professional LimeSurvey support
Consultant - Templates - Training - JQuery magic - Support - Coding - Survey creation and more..

Contact
Professional LimeSurvey support
info@researchonBLOGS.de
The following user(s) said Thank You: pdeli
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #93479 by pdeli
Dear Kai,

Thanks for your answer.

Here is what I did in the mean time:
  • In LimeSurvey I created one survey
  • with 3 question groups

Is it possible to:
  • always start with question group #1
  • but randomly follow with question group #2 or #3?

If yes,
  • if it's with a custom redirect script in PHP, can I do it without any knowledge of PHP scripting? Where can I start? Are there any examples that I could perhaps adapt?
  • if it is a feature within LimeSurvey, where is it?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Best regards,
pdeli

LimeSurvey Version: 2.00+ Build 130226

++++
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #93519 by tpartner

is it possible to...randomly follow with question group #2 or #3?

The documentation can help you.

Have a look at:
- Conditions - docs.limesurvey.org/Setting+conditions&s...tions+for+LimeSurvey
- Equeation questions - docs.limesurvey.org/Question+type+-+Equa...tions+for+LimeSurvey
- Expressioe Manager rand function - docs.limesurvey.org/Expression+Manager&s...#Access_to_Functions

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose