Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I remove the annoying screen on save-and-resume?

• blanka
  • blanka's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #85245 by blanka
I was wondering is LS can be set up to just save entries when you click "resume later", without entering personal information, password and captcha, and without sending out emails, and just making participants able to continue filling out the form with the original survey link?
I think it is a bit too complicated to explain to users now.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by blanka.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 6 months ago #85279 by DenisChenu
Hello,

You have to set your survey like that:
- token enbled
- set anonymous to NO
- set "Enable token-based response persistence?" to YES

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blanka
  • blanka
  • blanka's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #85387 by blanka
Great. Is it true that it relies on a cookie to return to the page you were at? If I restart it in the same browser, you go back to the page you left, if you open it in another browser, it resumes at the first page.
More
11 years 6 months ago #85388 by sys_sby01
It is also solve when clear cookies for the same browser
More
11 years 1 month ago #92577 by karencheah
Hi, I'd like to do this (skip the name/password screen) with anonymous survey and tokens enabled. I've tried setting "Enable token-based response persistance" to both "No" and "Yes" but it doesn't make a difference.

For both cases, I'm requested to enter name, password, etc when clicking resume later but that name/password is not used when I resume later, i.e., clicking on link resumes without requesting me to login.

Please advise the different options we have for anonymous survey using tokens. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Karen
  • DenisChenu
More
11 years 1 month ago #92587 by DenisChenu
Enable token/answer persistence is needed to have an "automatic save" , BUT "Enable token/answer persistence" is diabled with anonymous survey : because a link between answer and token is needed.

You have to have a link between answers and user, there is no way without.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
11 years 1 month ago #92590 by karencheah
Thanks for the explanation, Denis. That does make sense. Do you mean that there's no point for me to enable token-based persistance for an anonymous survey? I don't actually quite understand what that option is for even after reading the manual.

I also tried clicking on the invitation link to get back to the survey after going thru the save process with the name and password. But the name / password was not required to get me back to where I've left off in the survey. Has this got to do with cookies?

Thanks,
Karen
  • DenisChenu
More
11 years 1 month ago #92619 by DenisChenu
If you have a link between survey AND answer, the the survey are not anonymous. It's not a LS issue, just a logic issue.

When you save the survey, a temporaly link are set between survey and the answer saved. This one was deleted after reload.

In the link provided there are the name and the "password" to access to the survey directly.

Denis

More
11 years 1 month ago #92706 by karencheah
I was just testing the different scenarios and with a new survey, I noted that I was not allowed to select "Enable token-based persistence: Yes" for an anonymous survey. But I was able to do so with an active survey. Not sure if the setting will have any effect as I was just testing to see if it made any difference to how the resume and incomplete surveys acted.

Please see attachment of screen capture of the setting of my active anonymous survey with "Enable token-based persistence" set to "Yes".

DenisChenu wrote: Enable token/answer persistence is needed to have an "automatic save" , BUT "Enable token/answer persistence" is diabled with anonymous survey : because a link between answer and token is needed.

You have to have a link between answers and user, there is no way without.

Denis

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose