Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Submission dates

• Terushka
  • Terushka's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #184024 by Terushka
Submission dates was created by Terushka
The date of submission is not reflected on results. How can I recover this info?
Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #184028 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Submission dates
The date and time of submission is reflected in the survey results, only if the survey is set to anonymous, then the date and time is not saved. This has a good reason, because based on the date and time of the answer, you might be able to break anonymity.

So: Is your survey anonymous?

Here is the screen you see when activating the survey with the options of setting responses to anonymous and also the option to include a datestamp (which will not be written to the database if the survey is set to anonymous - see second screenshot):

Here is the warning you get when you set your survey to anonymous when activating it:

Now, if your survey is not set to anonymous, but you did not set the options for the datestamp, you'll probably won't see the date/time the survey was submitted.

This can not be changed afterwards, as then this information was not stored.
[quote[How can I recover this info?[/quote]

In the tow cases above (survey set to anonymous or datestamp set to NO) you will not be able to recover this after the survey has been done. These settings should have been made before the start of the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose