Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Performance: Links vs. LS Resources for image and audio files

• kpatch
  • kpatch's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169977 by kpatch
Hello:

Several of my surveys contain a number of image (JPG, PNG) and audio (MP3, WAV) files. They are currently on my server outside of the LS environment.

Some of my users comment about the delay--or failure--of these images and sound files to display. Would the performance improve if they were added to LS as Resources.

Thanks

Patrick

BTW...I am using LS Version 3.7.2+180508 and a custom theme that is an extension of fruity
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #170028 by holch
You need to test where the problem actually lies. I assume that the server for the media is slower than the server where you have Limesurvey installed. If you don't think this is the case, then you might have to investigate further. But I assume that the images and audios are not soo heavy that you can't save them on your Limesurvey server, right? Even if the LS server is slow, at least everything loads similarly slow then.

But it is really hard to say if it will improve, as we don't know the cause of the delay/failure in the first place.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose