Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

limitation of the community ce edition install on a local server

• stefsurvey2018
  • stefsurvey2018's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #165913 by stefsurvey2018
Hello,

i like to know what are the limitation of the community ce edition install on a local server.

with those features :

what is the number of survey i can do on the community ce edition host on my local server ?

what is the number of replies we can have to a survey on the community ce edition host on my local server ?

what is the number of domain we can use for the survey on the community ce edition host on my local server ?

Thanks for yours answers !

regards

Stephane
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #165918 by Joffm
Hi, Stephane,

1st and 2nd question: there is no limitation except physical space.
3rd question: I do not understand what is your "local server", Is it a XAMPP, WAMP, LAMP server, or what do you mean

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • stefsurvey2018
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #165949 by stefsurvey2018
Hello Joffm,

thanks for the quick reply and for the answer to the fist and second questions for the last one,
when i ask for the domain limitation, it's about the alias domain limitation that exist when using limesurvey in the cloud do we have the same limitation on limessrvey install on a physical linux server ?

I forget another question when we create a new survey and put it online their is the logo of limesurvey that appear in the top left corner, do you know if it's possible to remove it to put our own logo.

regards,

Stephane
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by stefsurvey2018.
  • Joffm
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #165953 by Joffm
Of course.
You are free to change the template or create a new one. (if you have the right to do this).

manual.limesurvey.org/Theme_editor

Joffm

BTW: You did not tell us your LS version.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • stefsurvey2018
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #165954 by stefsurvey2018
Hello Joffm,

effectively i did not mention it , my bad i use the version 3.4.2+180223

thansk again for the quick response and what about the alias domain do i have this restriction on the version i use on my server or it's just a limitation for the cloud version ?

regards,

Stephane
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by stefsurvey2018.
  • holch
  • Away
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #165959 by holch
Limesurvey does not restrict you in any way when you install the community edition on your own server. You get the full package (except for comfort updates which you have to pay for).

All limits you will run into are due to your own server limits, due to limits of the underlying hard and software or due to your server administration skills.

Domains, sub domains or whatever have nothing to do with Limesurvey. You can do your Domain and DNS stuff just like with any other application on your webserver. If you want to point 1.000.000 domains to your installation you can do so, if your server and your configurations allwo to do so.

So: No limits posed by Limesurvey. Of course it depends on the limits of the server environment (e.g. number of maximum columns in MySQL, etc.).

You can create as many questionnaires as you want and you can collect as many responses as you want. You just need to make sure that your server can hold up with what you are trying to do.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• stefsurvey2018
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #165964 by stefsurvey2018
Thanks Holch,

for the info, so i will continue my POC and preparing to deploy after that my different limesurvey site on my infrastructure.

Have a nice day !

Stephane

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose