Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Timecode Format as answer to numerical question

• sterlingiij
  • sterlingiij's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #138213 by sterlingiij
Timecode is used in Video Editing. The format is HH::MM:SS:FF (Hours, Minutes, Seconds, and Frames).

HH<=23, MM<=59, SS<=59, and depending on the frame rate, the maximum value for FF, would typically be: 23, 24, 29, 59.

The first question would be what is the frame rate of your media, with a radio button for each frame rate, and one for "other" for off speed media.

I would like the user to be able to enter 13241519, and have the entry appear as 13:24:15;19 both in the field and in the actual results.

Is there a way to do this?

Apologies, to all if I am asking this question in the wrong place on the forum. To date, I have about 18 hours experience with Lime Survey. I haven't gotten past the "preview survey" step yet, but I am very optimistic with what I will be able to accomplish with it.

Thanks you in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 9 months ago #138236 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Timecode Format as answer to numerical question
Hi,
I really think it's must not be a numerical question, but a short text question.

After you can use some jquery plugin to put a mask:
robinherbots.github.io/jquery.inputmask/
digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin/

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose