Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

queXML pdf export use by survey respondent

• millerr
  • millerr's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #137731 by millerr
Is it possible to allow survey respondents to use the "queXML pdf export" export option found in the "Display/Export" dropdown in the admin console? Instead of users receiving a printout of the survey results in an HTML table, I'd like to use the style found in the queXMLsurvey view for creating pdfs.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #137745 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic queXML pdf export use by survey respondent
Not in LimeSUrvey core without external plugins or hacking code.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • adamzammit
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 10 months ago #137790 by adamzammit
Replied by adamzammit on topic queXML pdf export use by survey respondent
Generating a queXML PDF for each respondent may also be quite resource hungry. I would suggest generating it as the administrator - saving the PDF somewhere web-accessible on your server and then making it available to the respondent via a link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
7 years 10 months ago #137842 by holch
Replied by holch on topic queXML pdf export use by survey respondent
From what I understand, millerr wants to provide the individual results to his respondents, instead of just the empty questionnaire. My first thought was also "Why not just provide the queXML output of the questionnaire as a PDF. But then it is just the questionnaire, and not this:

Instead of users receiving a printout of the survey results in an HTML table, I'd like to use the style found in the queXMLsurvey view for creating pdfs.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• adamzammit
More
7 years 10 months ago #137856 by adamzammit
Yes that makes more sense.

queXML has the ability to draw in responses using the "defaultvalue" attribute/tag in responses.

The queXML output functions of Limesurvey would need to be extended to take the responses from the current session and add them to the defaultvalue attributes/tags and then generate the queXMLPDF document. This would have the responses pre-filled.

Happy to help review code if someone wanted to get started on it or get in contact with me directly if you want to sponsor the development of this.
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #150118 by blocka
Replied by blocka on topic queXML pdf export use by survey respondent
I might be interested in sponsoring development of this -- right now in LS there is no really nice presentation of survey responses that we can share with respondents.

We have a use case where a survey is used as part of an employee review process. Employees need to be able to print out a professional version of their responses to put on file -- and the queXML version would meet that need, if it could be populated with their responses.

Or if not this, I'd be interested in sponsoring development of some mechanism to render a truly print-friendly output of an individual response.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by blocka.
  • adamzammit
More
7 years 1 month ago #150119 by adamzammit
If you are happy with the look of the queXML PDF output for your questionnaire, I should be able to add this functionality. Please PM or email me with you Limesurvey questionnaire and we can go from there.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago #150209 by DenisChenu
Not related to QUEXml , but for information,

next step of framagit.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-plugin/pdfReport is 'replace printanswer' by 'download the pdf generated'.

Then lime survey can have a complete system to have "PDF generated" the way the admin want , exactly.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
7 years 1 month ago #150211 by blocka
This sounds interesting! Is this currently available in the framagit repo, or is it functionality you are adding in coming months?
More
7 years 1 month ago #150212 by blocka
I just installed the PDFReport plugin on version 2.64.1+170310 and the PDF is generated, but it just shows the global settings site name, and the survey title -- the rest of the PDF is blank.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #150216 by DenisChenu
I work on it currently , next week if all is OK.

For the second question : usage of Question text, you can wrote the documentation or make a issue on github/framagit.

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose