Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Attribute size limit when importing from CSV

• bendayan
  • bendayan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #133300 by bendayan
Hello all,

I have been trying to incorporate active directory info from our company into LimeSurvery in order to be able to condition specific question to only show only if a user belongs to a specific active directory group.
I have made a small utility that creates a CSV file with the correct format and exports the users info and groups from active directory.
What I have done is made attribute1 of token represent all the groups a user is in active directory, and the utility merges all the groups with a ";" delimiter. So for example say User1 is in group A and B -> the attribute1 in the CSV file will have the following values: A;B.
That way I can use RegEx condition on attribute1 of token which is what we need.
However, since there are a large number of groups in our active directory, a user can belong to groups whose total length in character exceed 256 and that is my problem.
I am trying to find a way to enlarge attributes in LimeSurvey, or perhaps find a better solution to my problem..

Would appreciate getting some help.

Thanks a lot and have a great day,
David
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #133321 by Bigred01
Replied by Bigred01 on topic Attribute size limit when importing from CSV
Try changing the attribute column to text in the database for that tokens table. If you take the survey offline then back online, you will probably have to make this edit again though. I'm still working on an older version of lime so I'm not sure if there's anything to specify what you want your column type to be. I think they are all varchar for attributes.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose