Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Setting up survey without tokens

More
8 years 1 month ago #130696 by Vita
Setting up survey without tokens was created by Vita
Hello,

I use Limesurvey Version 2.06+ Build 160123.

It is my first time to use the application. Could you please help me with providing a step-by-step instruction how to set up a survey that does not require respondents to provide valid email (i.e. a survey without any registration or token management)?

Also, is it possible to change this setting once the survey was activated?

Can a survey have a token management at first and later be changed to a completely open survey (without email registration) (for example in a situation where high numbers of respondents land on a welcome page and leave without registering / continuing the survey)?

Your support is appreciated!
Vita
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #130697 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Setting up survey without tokens
Well, actually without token is the standard. There is a question when you activate a survey if you want to make it closed. If you don't make it closed, it is without tokens.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #130700 by Vita
Replied by Vita on topic Setting up survey without tokens
Thank you - yet, it did not automatically for me work the first time I set up the survey. I do not see the question "Do I want this survey to be closed?" when I activate the survey (please see the print screen attached).

Now I have the survey all set up (4 different languages), ready to start - I do not want to create it all anew. How do I change this setting?
1. Is it possible to change the token management once the survey was started?
2. If I export the survey and import it again - how can I change it before activating the survey?

Please, provide a more detailed instruction.

Thank you,
Vita
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Vita. Reason: Added file
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #130710 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Setting up survey without tokens
You can create a very small survey and try those things (this is what I had to do for you as well now), if you do not want to do it with the main survey.

So if you would have gone past the first screen of activating the survey you would have seen this:

At this point you decide if you want open access or closed access mode (tokens).

If you will decide closed mode, you will be asked if you want to activate tokens.

If you want to leave the closed mode, you just delete the token table.

I think the process is quite straight forward. And I don't see how you activate closed mode without wanting it (only if you just click through the process without reading it).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vita
More
8 years 1 month ago #130714 by Vita
Replied by Vita on topic Setting up survey without tokens
Wonderful, thank you - it works now. As I said, it is my first time using the application - it was not very clear at first.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose