Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Copy an existing survey

• nellwalker
  • nellwalker's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #128209 by nellwalker
Copy an existing survey was created by nellwalker
hello
I am a user, not changing any code or anything. I just want to know if you can copy a whole survey - that is base a new survey on an existing one, with a new title, new tokens, edit the questions etc.?

Is there a function to do this within the 'Create' function? in other survey applications, there is the option to based a new survey on an existing one, but I can't see that in Lime.

thanks!
narelle
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 months ago #128210 by eloner
Replied by eloner on topic Copy an existing survey
Dear narelle,
this is possible!
If you are using a recent version of LimeSurvey, selecting the button to create a new survey (the "plus" button) you have the possibility to copy an existing survey (and you can also choose what you want to copy), or to import a previously saved (as .lss) survey.
Cheers,
elo
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 months ago #128231 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Copy an existing survey
As Eloner says correctly, go to create survey and then there is a tab that says "Copy", then you choose the survey you want to copy.

If you do not have this tab, then you either are on a very, very old version of LS or the administrator of your LS installation has deactivated this function.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose