Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Calculating mean scores

• gpennington
  • gpennington's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #122160 by gpennington
Calculating mean scores was created by gpennington
Hi, all. I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything close to my question, so I'd appreciate it if someone could offer some suggestions. I have created a hidden equation/question that sums the scores for an anxiety scale which I called {Anxiety} and I've got that reporting the total fine on a text display/question. I assume that in addition to being able to show participants their scores at the end of the survey, this information will also be stored in the database. Here's where my question comes in. The creator of the test suggests that scores should be compared to the mean scores of other participants before ranking their anxiety level. So basically I'm wondering if there is a way to count the number of {Anxiety} scores that have been stored, then sum them before dividing them by the total count. I then need to be able to display the mean score with participant results.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by gpennington.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #122191 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Calculating mean scores
To do that you will need to use JavaScript and make an AJAX call to a remote PHP script that queries the database for previous answers and calculates the "mean-to-date". (a fair amount of coding required)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose