Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey LEMP Install Script with Let's Encrypt - Tutorial

• Gordon55M
  • Gordon55M's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #186244 by Gordon55M
I tinker with LimeSurvey every few months. This week I was playing with LimeSurvey on Ubuntu 18.04 running with NGINX, PHP-FPM, and MariaDB. I was constantly creating and destroying droplets dealing with NGINX and I just said screw it, I'm just going to write a script to get the whole thing up and running on a clean Ubuntu 18.04 install. Figured I'd put it here, maybe it'll help someone else get up and running or allow them to see some NGINX files that should work. I make no claims that this is the best setup, or that it's entirely secure. It simply could be a decent starting point for someone so I wanted to share it out. If this isn't allowed, please feel free to delete this post. I do wish LimeSurvey was in the DigitalOcean marketplace with optimal settings! My playground was 2 CPU 4 GB RAM.

The only requirement besides Ubuntu 18.04 is to have the domain A record pointed to the server prior to installation so that the SSL Cert can be properly created. FYI, this forces all traffic to www. domain by default, but that's easy to change in the domains sites available NGINX file. This script installs:
  • Nginx
  • PHP 7.3
  • MariaDB 10.1.4
  • Let's Encrypt Certbot
  • LimeSurvey 3.17.6+190624

Script:
Code:
wget -qO lime https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gordon55M/LimeSurvey/master/limesurveyinstall.sh && sudo bash lime

Read Me has full walk-through:
github.com/Gordon55M/LimeSurvey/blob/master/README.md

SSL Labs Grade:
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #186260 by DenisChenu
Why not setup the DB at end of install directly ?
manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_using...line_interface_(CLI)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Gordon55M
  • Gordon55M's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #186263 by Gordon55M
My first answer was going to be because I was lazy and didn't want to fuss with the config file. But after seeing your link I see it is stupid easy to do. I'll try to add that in, thanks for the suggestion!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose