Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error importing database to version 3.17.3 from version 2.51

• infortel4
  • infortel4's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #185002 by infortel4
Hello,

I've installed a server with Limesurvey 3.17.3 (SLES 12 SP2 with PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.7). It's a new installation. Then I have to importing the database from my old server with Limesurvey 2.51 (SLES 11, PHP 5 and MySQL 5.0.8).

On my first atempt, I did a backup in a *.sql file using the LimeSurvey backup entire database button. But when I tried to restore the entire database on my new server, I've errors by incorrect date format ('0000-00-00 00:00:00') that I fix by editing the file * .sql. Then it seems that the restoration of the database is correct. But when I access the url of Limesurvey it asks me to update the version of the database from version 260 to 358. When launching the process it ends in error. I'm sorry but I don't have the error codes, it's in a virtual machine and I've restored a previous snapshot to try to restore the database without writing down the errors.

I would like to know if someone has faced a similar situation and how he has dealt with it. There are not many active surveys but I would like to be able to restore it.

Thanks & Regards.
Dmd.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #185008 by DenisChenu
When you update : the error is shown, without this error nobody can help.

And maybe best solution is to install for starting exatly same version on both server and update only after.
Or make the update on the old version.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose