Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Weird problems... possible database corruption?

• ttenbergen
  • ttenbergen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #126482 by ttenbergen
Our LimeSurvey lets you login and copy surveys and add participants. However, when trying to edit participants attributes they will not save. Similarly (in my mind) I can see 27 active surveys in the "Surveys:" dropdown, but only 25 in the main survey list.
Are there any tools/scripts/queries that re-build whatever these are based on? We use mediawiki for other purposes and it has some cleanup tools, so I was hoping Limesurvey does as well and that I just can't find them.

Thanks,

Tina
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #126486 by Ben_V

ttenbergen wrote: I can see 27 active surveys in the "Surveys:" dropdown, but only 25 in the main survey list.

Check "List survey publicly" settings for the 2 missing surveys...
=> General settings > Publication & access control > List survey publicly (YES/NO)

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • ttenbergen
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #126487 by ttenbergen
Replied by ttenbergen on topic Weird problems... possible database corruption?
Thanks Benoit

Our surveys are all set to "no" for "list survey publicly" as we want them to only be available by invite rather than to the whole internet. That is how I understood that setting to work, according to manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings

Maybe I didn't explain well where things are inconsistent. If I am in admin mode on the screen that lists all the surveys, there is a drop down box at the top right corner. For me the contents of that dropdown are inconsistent with what is listed on the main screen. Specifically, I see more in the dropdown.

I am using the installation admin account for this so I don't think this is related to rights.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ttenbergen.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #126510 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Weird problems... possible database corruption?
Hi,

In the "admin survey list" : the number of survey is limited to 25, you have a "select" to show more, and a browser.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ttenbergen
More
8 years 6 months ago #126567 by ttenbergen

DenisChenu wrote: ...
In the "admin survey list" : the number of survey is limited to 25, you have a "select" to show more, and a browser...

We have over 600 surveys so we always need to expand to more than 25. I wish that were actually a default I could up from 25 to reduce the extra step. Even with the list expanded, I still see (at this point) 26 in "active" section of the the dropdown and 28 in the main list filtred to active but set to show 1000 surveys. Not the issue...
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126572 by DenisChenu
And when you go to the survey that don't exist in the Main list : what difference you found ?

Can you activate debug mode and try to see if you have some error ( manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode )

Deni

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • ttenbergen
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #126576 by ttenbergen
Turned on debug mode. Compared drop-down to main list, and opened one of the surveys that is only on main list. No errors.
Since our surveys are generally copies of previous surveys I also opened the newer version of this one that does show up in the dropdown, from the dropdown. At least as far as that first page that comes up is concerned settings between the two seem identical.
Just one shows up in the dropdown while the other does not.
A user also reported to me not being able to see a newly copied survey in the assign-participants list. So I also had a look at the dropdown in participant list where one assigns participants to surveys. In this one, the survey that is missing from the dropdown in the main survey list is present, but its copied twin is not. i.e. opposite problem.

Checked on both surveys in table ls_survey directly. They have the same "admin" but different "owner_id". This likely has to do with the admin table not having imported properly when we moved this to a different server and imported the data. I re-created the list of admins so people could log on, but of course they ended up with different IDs. Since all our users need to be able to access each others surveys all are set as super admins so I figured this would not be an issue.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ttenbergen.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126582 by DenisChenu
Strange issue .... no idea without admin access and "php code hacking".

You have the last version and build ?

• ttenbergen
More
8 years 6 months ago #126600 by ttenbergen
I have most current as per Installatron, Version 2.06+ Build 150930

Had another look at these listings, and the main survey list has "(none)" for a bunch of owner entries, incl one of the ones that was missing. Changed owner to my admin account. That reflects in the ls_surveys table. Doesn't change whether it shows up in listings, though.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126631 by DenisChenu
You are the "super admin" (user 1, the first user created ?).

Denis

• ttenbergen
More
8 years 6 months ago #126692 by ttenbergen
Yes, I am doing any of these changes as first user super admin. You were asking that, right?
Thanks
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 6 months ago #126712 by DenisChenu
It's that ....search for a reason ....

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose