Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Issue with new users creating/editing/importing surveys

• exlibris139
  • exlibris139's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #190461 by exlibris139
I'm an admin for a large Limesurvey installation (approx 50 survey-creating users currently). Recently (as in today) users I've just created cannot create their own surveys, regardless of permissions set on their accounts. They click create, fill in information, and when they click create the page simply refreshes the create screen.

This sounds similar to this bug, but I'm on version 3.15.5+

If the user accesses an existing survey and attempts to edit anything, I get the attached image error.

If they try to import a survey, it's this error:
Notice: Undefined property: DOMText::$data in /var/www/vhosts/197/1059376/webspace/httpdocs/<DOMAIN>/framework/vendors/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier.standalone.php on line 19000

Any ideas on how I can solve this? I need to get these users running and more set up asap!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #190478 by DenisChenu
1. You manage a big system and you use it with debug set ??? 1st step deactivate debug
manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode

Here : there are an issue with one of your survey, language don't existy for this survey …
Do a manual.limesurvey.org/Check_data_integrity can help (with a big system : must be done sometimes …)

An,d for the creation issue : update to 3.19.X before reporting bug.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • exlibris139
More
4 years 5 months ago #190479 by exlibris139
Don't worry, I only switched it on briefly during downtime after the problem was reported to me!

Also, I ran a data integrity check earlier today. Currently everything is meeting consistency standards, but the problem still persists.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 5 months ago #190502 by DenisChenu
Seems there are a creation issue :
And for the creation issue : update to 3.19.X…

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • exlibris139
More
4 years 5 months ago #190709 by exlibris139
Thanks for the help. Just to finish the story - we have updated the installation to the newest version and the problem has been resolved.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for why a creation issue might arise seemingly out of the blue like this? For our own internal documentation it would be helpful to know of anything we could monitor/avoid doing to prevent this sort of thing happening again.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose