Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LTS 2.6.7 and PHP support

• jelo
  • jelo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #173309 by jelo
LTS 2.6.7 and PHP support was created by jelo
The current description of requirements for LTS 2.6.7 contains

*PHP 5.3.3 or later with the following modules/libraries enabled

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/2....cs/release_notes.txt

That would include PHP versions like 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2.

LTS 2.6.7 under PHP 7.2?
When doing a quick installation the preinstallation check already fails under PHP 7.2.

Internal Server Error
Function name must be a string

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

PHP 7.1 looks the same.

When moving a complete installation to PHP 7.2. I see no issues.

So the installer might be a bit to edgy ;-) You can run LTS on PHP 7.2, but you cannot install it.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #173312 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic LTS 2.6.7 and PHP support

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: socius
  • jelo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #173314 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic LTS 2.6.7 and PHP support

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • jelo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #173412 by jelo
More
5 years 1 month ago #181094 by socius
Replied by socius on topic LTS 2.6.7 and PHP support
Hi everybody,

thanks @Denis for the work on the 2.06 LTS Version - I still use this version as I am most familiar with it! I will go on to the newer versions asap, but not today :-)

Today I had to install it on my server that was updated to PHP 7.2.13. I installed the LS in the Version 2.6.7 Build SondagesPro 1.6.4. - downloaded via the DL Link on Github extensions.sondages.pro/IMG/auto/limesurvey_sondages-pro.zip

The installation went quick (and seemed to work), but the interface looks as if there was some CSS missing (s. below). Or is this version supposed to look this way? I also noticed that I cannot create a survey in this interface (s. last screenshot), because the button seems missing (all the menu parts are stacked). And: I cannot add or delete languages in the admin interface... there are probably some more things not working, but that's it for now...

Is there a simple reason/explanation/solution or is this the end of 2.6.7 LTS? I hope not! ;-)

Thanks a lot and all the best,
G

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #181097 by DenisChenu
I didn't test new install on 7.2 but don't think there can be new issue.

Maybe an 403 issue on some css/js file ? Can you open the console and look if there are some issue here ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #181100 by DenisChenu
Seems the zip have some extra directory in tmp/ , but after cleaning it (and have a writable success validation at install) : no issue.

More
5 years 1 month ago #181104 by socius
Thanks @Denis for your quick response! You are right, there are some 403 errors, pointing to
  • /tmp/assets (most of them)

and other errors pointing to
  • /index.php/admin/globalsettings
  • /scripts/admin/admin_core.js

Remark: the attributes for the tmp-directory are 776 (for all subdirectories)

Ok - so should I just try to clean the tmp directory before installation and make a new install?
Thank you!
G

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #181114 by DenisChenu
No, seems your server create file or directory with invlid rights : server need review …

The following user(s) said Thank You: socius
More
5 years 1 month ago #181145 by socius
Thanks @Denis! Indeed it seems that the server is not working properly.

1) I tried to install LS 2.6.7 Build SondagesPro 1.6.4. again - same problem

2) I installed LS 3.16 - the installation went quick and worked - I did a testsurvey, sent E-Mails etc., but after some time I was logged out and could not login again (with correct password for sure). The login-fields appear, I fill them in, then the fields reload again, empty. I'll send a message to the helpdesk to check.

Thanks again for the hint!
Best,
G
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #181150 by socius
Hi!

There was indeed a problem with php-sessions on the server (thanks @Denis), but it seems that these login problems had nothing to do with the 403-Errors of the new installation of LS 2.6.7. LS 3.16 is now up and running, but a new installed version of LS 2.06+ Build 160129 (the last version available on the LS Website) has the same problems as mentioned yesterday with the LS 2.6.7 Build SondagesPro 1.6.4. I'll send another screenshot with the console.

There are two running versions 2.6.4 and 2.6.7 on the server working, but it seems, that I am not able to install these LTS versions on the server anymore. What could I do or try?

Thanks for your time!
Best, G

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by socius. Reason: Corrected LS version number
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #181152 by socius
Hi again!

Ok - I was wrong in my last posting: to really make sure that the installation works I deleted and reinstalled LS 3.16 - and now it looks almost like as in the 2.6.7 "case" from before. Strange things happening. Yesterday I could install LS 3.16 without problems and used it for some hours, but could not login again because of a php-session problem on the server. And now it looks as if LS does not find its css and js files... strange. Anybody experienced something like this before? :(

Remark: I'm not sure if that fits into this thread anymore ("PHP support") - the only thing I know is, that last time, when the server was running php v5 the installation of 2.6.7 worked like a charm... but correlation does not mean causation ;)

Thanks for any hint!
Best, G

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by socius.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose