Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multiple choice with text - number issue

• Gregor1
  • Gregor1's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #181896 by Gregor1
I am using Version 3.13.2+180709 and have a survey in progress with a "multiple choice with text" question. Over 400 respondents have successfully entered numbers, but 60 indicate that the survey will not allow them to type numbers in the space provided. Are there any known issues with certain devices, networks, or system security measures that might cause this question type to be displayed differently for some users? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #181900 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Multiple choice with text - number issue
Not that I am aware of. Text fields usually allow any type of symbol.

Maybe they are trying their number pad and it is not activated? Would be really weird though, to have 60 respondents to do so.

Maybe someone else has come across a similiar issue.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregor1
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #181903 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Multiple choice with text - number issue
Maybe it's related to manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu...ommented_checkbox.29 ?

By default no comment can be done in Text for not checked part. There are a JS system to do this.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregor1
  • Gregor1
  • Gregor1's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #181906 by Gregor1
Replied by Gregor1 on topic Multiple choice with text - number issue
Sorry, I should have said it is a "multiple short text" question, so no checkbox entry is required. They can simply provide short numeric answers to multiple options. The de-activated number pad is a good thought, but I agree it isn't likely the issue for all of the ones having trouble with this question. Any other thoughts are welcome, thank-you for the responses so far.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #181921 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Multiple choice with text - number issue
Multiple short text : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Multiple_short_text
or
Multiple numerical : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Multiple_numerical_input

Else : since it work for all of us, you have something in your survey or theme that are different. But you just put partial information … we can not find the issue like this.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose