Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Numbering of Sub-Questions

• vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #176627 by vixitasurveys
Numbering of Sub-Questions was created by vixitasurveys
Hello,

I wanted to know if it is possible to display the serial number (or even code number...e.g., 1,2,3 or SQ1, SQ2 etc. ) of sub-questions in the survey (i.e., make it visible to the respondent). I have a question with ~70 column array sub-questions, and it is a little difficult for the respondents to keep track of the questions without the numbers being displayed. Thanks in advance for the help!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #176646 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Numbering of Sub-Questions
Not that I know of. But you can always include it yourself by copying the numbers you want to give to the subquestions into the subquestion text. Easily done in Excel, joining the text from two cells (1 for the numbering, 1 for the actual subquestion text), then just copy into the quick add. If you copy the cell with only the numbering, just before the cell with the numbering and text d joined, you will be able to insert the subquestion code as well as the subquestion text with this subquestion code in one copy.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys
  • vixitasurveys's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #176652 by vixitasurveys
Replied by vixitasurveys on topic Numbering of Sub-Questions
Thanks! That is a simple and effective workaround. This should take care of my requirement.

Am not sure if this is an important need for others, else will be happy to put it up in the new features list for upcoming versions of LS.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose