Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey issues with QID changing when copying Survey

• martinbaker2727
  • martinbaker2727's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #176295 by martinbaker2727
Does anyone know a way to keep the QID from changing when copying a Survey in LimeSurvey. I'm copying surveys from a development server to a production server and have edited the template css to do many specific things. For instance, I have custom CSS for the specific question ID (QID) to not display certain numbers or title in that particular question.

When I transfer the survey to the production server, the QIDs change and my custom CSS doesn't apply to the same contents of the survey. Does anyone know a way to completely transfer all the original information from one survey to another? If not, does anyone know an alternate method of custom CSS that will work universally between copied surveys?

Here's an example:

#slider-844755X43X297SQ001 .slider_callout {
display: none;}
#question87_warning {display:none}
When I copy the survey over, the question might show up as #question155 instead of #question87. Any help here would be greatly appreciated
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #176300 by tpartner
That's not possible. The question IDs are assigned sequentially.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 4 months ago #176312 by jelo
So any CSS workaround is lost? Or is there a different naming scheme for CSS which don't get lost when transferring surveyfiles?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 4 months ago #176314 by DenisChenu
Attribute CSS class is done for this … manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Te...lass_.28css_class.29

And for javascript : question{QID} or question{qcode.qid}

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose