Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Assessment score percentage at the end

• karencheah
  • karencheah's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112810 by karencheah
Assessment score percentage at the end was created by karencheah
I think this should be quite easy to do but haven't found any documentation on it.

I currently have setup an assessment and at the end, the total will be displayed using {TOTAL}. Is it possible for me to display a percentage instead of just the total score? That is, I would like to use a calculated field {TOTAL}/N * 100%, where N is the number of questions (known fixed value).

And if that is possible, would this also be able to be sent in the Confirmation email. At the moment, I am able to display the number of questions correct using {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} in the email body.

Please advise. Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #112814 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Assessment score percentage at the end
To do these calculations you will need a equation question and do the calculation according to the functions of Expression Manager.

Should be simple, probably you just need to put something like the equation you actually wrote already into a equation type question. Then you can check the result. Once that is done I would hide the equation type question and would display the total score in a text display question, where you can put also other text and then reference to the value written in the equation question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karencheah
  • karencheah
More
9 years 6 months ago #112833 by karencheah
Replied by karencheah on topic Assessment score percentage at the end
Thanks for your advice. It has put me on the right track for sure. It's always great to discover new features in LimeSurvey!

I've been reading the manual and trying to get this working the way I need it. I'm just stuck at the point of the equation type question. For some reason, I can't seem to get it to display the calculated value. It keeps displaying the formula except that it did replace the value of the {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} properly. So it's just displaying something like (4/10) * 100 instead of 40. I've tried adding an assignment operator (=) but it just displays the additional = then. Have also tried using an if statement since the examples seem to all have if statements but it just displays the statement.

Is there something I'm missing? Please help!

Thanks,
Karen
  • karencheah
More
9 years 6 months ago #112834 by karencheah
I've just figured out what I'm missing. I should have put the curly braces around the whole equation and drop the one for the ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL. Now works fine. Thanks for all the help!
More
7 years 2 months ago #148356 by KVellin
Replied by KVellin on topic Assessment score percentage at the end
Hi, I know this was posted 2 years ago but hoping you can help.
This thread helped me also create a percentage assessment score but now I am getting for example 90.322580645161%, how do I get the assessment to show less decimal places?

Very very new at this, self taught everything so far.
More
7 years 2 months ago #148357 by KVellin
Replying to my own post, I used some knowledge of excel and gave it a go. Worked a treat!

Used:
{round(ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL/93*100)}%
  • karencheah
More
7 years 2 months ago #148366 by karencheah
Well you're quicker than me for sure :) Good job! That was what I did too and you can also specify the precision if you want to.
More
7 years 2 months ago #148372 by KVellin
I was wondering if you managed to have it display the score for each group at the end and then the total. When ever I used ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL obviously it's just showing me the current score so it was all the same, then I tried to do {sum(q1,q2,q3)} but still no luck
  • holch
More
7 years 2 months ago #148373 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Assessment score percentage at the end
To access the assesment value via EM you need to use questioncode.value, something like this:

{sum(q1.value,q2.value,q3.value)}

If you just use the question code you just get the answer code.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: KVellin
More
7 years 2 months ago #148374 by KVellin
Thank you!! That's exactly what I needed! Still getting the hang of EM

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose