Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Forward form results to another form

• twentyZen
  • twentyZen's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #192979 by twentyZen
Forward form results to another form was created by twentyZen
I did some research in plugins and extensions - but no success: Is there a way to post form results to a form in a different system? We would like to forward results to Mautic (Open Source Marketing Automation).
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #192997 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Forward form results to another form
You could use the end url feature and great automatically loading URLs with the data as variables.

You have access to all answers in the survey via Expression Manager.

Another, more sophisticated option would be to call the API from Mautic, but I don't know if Mautic allows you to do so.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• twentyZen
  • twentyZen's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #193008 by twentyZen
Replied by twentyZen on topic Forward form results to another form
Option 1) would encode data from the survey via URL parameter so I could load a Mautic URL and read from the parameters in the URL? I have some data privacy doubts here, as data will end up in e.g. weblogs.
Option 2) didn't find the example on the Expression Manager page - I understood if helps formulating survey, but how to push data to a different system?
Option 3) yes - the API could be used as well. This would require to create a LimeSurvey plugin?

Thanks for your insights, very kind!
  • holch
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #193009 by holch
Didn't you ask for a method via "post"? Isn't that always via URL parameter? Expression Manager allows you to get the answers given and pipe it into the URL dynamically, just as you can pipe answers into text in ls from previous questions.

And as an alternative I mentioned the api. But I guess this would rather be a pull approach from mautic, rather than a push approach from ls. You could also think off triggering a script via end URL whenever someone answers, which then gets the answers from the database via api. But I am no expert on the api.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twentyZen
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 2 months ago #193011 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Forward form results to another form
I am not familiar with that system. Still, please, contact me at gabriel@encuesta.biz and I may be able to build a plug-in for you. Thanks!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

More
4 years 2 months ago #193018 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Forward form results to another form

holch wrote: Didn't you ask for a method via "post"? Isn't that always via URL parameter?

If we take "POST" as a technical term for HTTP transfer methods, URL parameter are the opposite method which is called GET.

Short introduction: www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_httpmethods.asp

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
4 years 2 months ago #193035 by holch

If we take "POST" as a technical term for HTTP transfer methods, URL parameter are the opposite method which is called GET.

Thanks for clarifying! The time when I played around with PHP is over 10 years now, so I guess I switched "POST" and "GET" in my head then. Not getting younger... ;-)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose