Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Longitudinal and continuous study with different questions

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #192780 by Jmantysalo
We want to make a longitudinal study about babies. A user should be able to write her email and the date of birth. Then the system should send email when the baby is, say, 30, 60 and 180 days old. The survey should be ongoing, so someone might be answering 180 days questions when other baby is just 30 days old. Questions will be different, they depend on assumed phase of baby skills.

I know this can be done using API and small external code, for example php to run from cron. But is there any easier way?
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 2 months ago #192969 by gabrieljenik
Hi,

If the questions are too different, I would do one survey per phase.
Upon the end of each survey, an invitation on the next srvey will be created, with a valid from date. Then a plugin would be sending the invitations when the validFrom is due.

We already have plugins for both of the tasks. Please contact me at gabriel@encuesta.biz

Thanks

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #193171 by Jmantysalo
I also have external code that will do this. In this case the user will use REDCap.

But I wonder how this has not been implemented in the core. Needs cron, but otherwise should not be very complicated. And the need seems clear, for example after selling something send later a question about how the product etc.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #193172 by Joffm

I know this can be done using API and small external code, for example php to run from cron. But is there any easier way?

In my opinion this is the easiest way.
A few lines of code in php that queries the database, triggered by a cron job each morning, and send out the actual invitations.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose