Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Using question list with randomized question groups

• saarim
  • saarim's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #192450 by saarim
Hi,

I am setting up a survey with randomized question groups. I would like the participants to be able to navigate in the survey using either 'Next'/'Back' buttons or the question index.

Randomization works well when participants proceed using 'Next'. However, navigating to a specific question group using 'index' does not work - it only proceeds to the next randomized group, not to the one listed in index.

Here is link to my survey: survey.rd.tuni.fi/limesurvey/index.php/435956

The reasons for trying to combine randomization with question index:

1) I assume some participants will ignore the index and just click 'next', but I would like to receive answers to as many question groups as possible. Therefore, randomization seems necessary.

2) I would like the participants to be able to see the whole list of question groups in order to anticipate what is coming. Also, allowing them to select themselves to which question groups they want to answer works well for my study.

3) I would like them to be able to navigate to the instruction page (listed as one question group) in case they need to double-check instructions.

Combining randomization and question index seemed to be a good way to solve this, but as said, it does not work. I am of course curious for any other solutions, too.

Thanks for the help in advance!
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose