Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Editing same question in multiple question groups

• chaber
  • chaber's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #192211 by chaber
I have created a survey for evaluating some video clips. Each video is presented in a new question group, with the same following Array Questions ( i.e. Please evaluate the following aspects on a 1-10 scale). After piloting some videos, we would like to remove a few of the subquestions from the array and change the answer options (shorten the rating scale...).

Is it possible to make these changes for all questions at once? Or does this have to be done manually individually?

I created the pilot survey by exporting, and then individually importing and renaming the repeating question for every question group, though would be great if there is a handier way to more efficiently work with the same question arising in multiple groups... I will ultimately build a survey with +100 repeating evaluation questions, so any tips are much appreciated!

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 4 months ago #192213 by Joffm
1. You may try to export the survey to TAB separated text, import into EXCEL or OpenOffice.
After your changes import the txt file again.

2. You may try the plugin "massaction", available in LimeStore.

3. If you only want to change the array, which is always the same, you may change the first, and copy it as often as necessary.
Before you delete all "old" array questions, which is done quite easily.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose