Send response pdf in email

Más
1 mes 3 semanas antes #191474 por rickanderson
Respuesta de rickanderson sobre el tema Send response pdf in email
Hi All...

Having spent a bit of time trying Denis' plugins 'pdfReport' and 'limeMpdf' (thanks for these and your help throughout the thread Denis) I have not quite been able to achieve what I hoped to do (issues with the resulting PDF report orientation and the inability to overlay images).

I am able to produce the PDF report that I require using 'html2pdf' and would like to re-ask my original question which was whether there is some means within LimeSurvey to attach the resulting PDF file to an email to be sent to an email address supplied via an input box in the survey End Message text (i.e. after the survey has been submitted).

I see 'phpmailer' is listed as a third party plugin - I was wondering whether this be used to do the above and if so, how would I access/reference 'phpmailer' within the survey End Message (or do I have to add php code to one of the theme template files)?

Any suggestions or pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers...Rick.

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Más
1 mes 2 semanas antes #191668 por DenisChenu
Respuesta de DenisChenu sobre el tema Send response pdf in email
Currently pdfReport allow tcpdf (included in LS core) or LimeMpdf : an extra plugin.

Then seem availbale to create a LimeHtml2pdf plugin and update pdfReport to use it ?

Else , for orientation : adding this hack in LimeMpdf or pdfReport : mpdf.github.io/paging/page-size-orientation.html seems easiest then create a new html2pdf plugin …

Same to add a background image to body : mpdf.github.io/css-stylesheets/supported-css.html
(maybe this one can be done in gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/lime...df/style-custom.twig )

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: rickanderson

Más
1 mes 2 semanas antes #191674 por rickanderson
Thanks for getting back to me Denis.

I returned to my original solution (as per above reply) using html2pdf.js to create the pdf as required (image overlays and landscape orientation) and tried to work out how to email the resulting client-side data URI string. I think I have now managed to convert the data URI string generated via html2pdf.js to a Blob which I send to a php file using ajax - the php file then uses LimeSurvey's phpmailer to send an email with the resulting PDF attached...still needs a little fine-tuning but seems to be providing all the functionality required.

Happy to go into more detail if anyone stumbles across this thread looking for similar functionality. Although I'm not sure that this the optimal solution as I said it seems to be working for me.

Meantime, thanks for all the help with this and to the team for the LimeSurvey app itself!
El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: DenisChenu

Más
1 mes 2 semanas antes #191692 por DenisChenu
Respuesta de DenisChenu sobre el tema Send response pdf in email
Oh right … you use a javascript solution with html2pdf … totally unrelated to plugin then :).
I'm sure some people can be interested , maybe in manual / workaround/javascript ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: rickanderson

Más
1 mes 2 semanas antes #191712 por rickanderson
Yes...in the end I returned to the Javascript solution as it was producing the PDF formatting I wanted and all that was missing was the email capability.

Although you suggested that hacking your pdfReport and LimeMpdf plugins should be relatively easy, I wasn't confident enough to start messing around with them and although you said you might be able to look into this at a later date I'm was aware that there might not be any budget to pay you for this work.

As I said, happy to go into more detail if anyone thinks it worthwhile although not sure how robust my solution is (others on here may be able to fine tune or optimise??) ;) Let me know if this might be helpful and how would I go about it. Would be nice to be able to contribute to the project in some small way.

Más
4 días 1 hora antes - 4 días 1 hora antes #192801 por Feorod
Respuesta de Feorod sobre el tema Send response pdf in email
Hi Denis,

Is it possible to enter more than one email address in the "Send PDF to.." setting of the PDFreport upload question. If so, addresses are separated by comma or semi-colomn ?

Thanx in advance

Eric
Última Edición: 4 días 1 hora antes por Feorod. Razón: Managed to find the answer to the first question by myself :)

¡Comenzar ahora!

Simplemente cree una cuenta y comience a usar LimeSurvey hoy mismo.

Registrarse ahora
¡Únase a nuestro boletín informativo!

Iniciar sesión