Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problems with not saving the answers

• olaruda
  • olaruda's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #186877 by olaruda
Problems with not saving the answers was created by olaruda
Hi,
I use LS in Polish language version.
Problem:
When: my recipients face the problem that when they use button "postpone for later" and then after a while start the survey again or want to come back to survey by using the link in the e-mail or by entering the token (if asked).
What: The answers they gave on the opened page are missing or if they have started a new page, when they answer all the questions they receive information that some answers are missing and if they close the information window all the answers on that page disappear.

My settings:
Recipients receive individual links, tokens are generated by LS and links are sent by LS.
- Answers are not anonymous;
- Recipients can safe and come back to answering
- I don't save the recipients IP
- I save date and time

What should I do to prevent that frustrating for recipient situation?
About what I should inform them?

Will be very greatful for help.

Best regards,
Ola
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #186885 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Problems with not saving the answers
safe and come back requires that they register their email address. So if they didn't do that, it is not going to be saved.

However, if you have marked "token based answer persistence", they can always come back to the survey (without saving!!) as long as they use the same link with the same token or insert the same token, and their answers will be there, up to the last question they have saved via "continue" button.

By the way, it would be important to know what version of LS you are using.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • olaruda
  • olaruda's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #186892 by olaruda
Replied by olaruda on topic Problems with not saving the answers
Thanks!
I am using: Vesion 3.14.11+180926

Recipients use "token based answer persistence".
So, the option "postpone on later" (in the questionnaire it is in the top right corner, I don't know how it is in English), should not be used by them.
Because if they do this and close the window, then after a while use the link with individual token and start answering questions and press "next" ("dalej" in Polish) they receive the answer that not all questions have been answered, and ale the answers on the page disappear.
This problem usually is when we use Chrome. If I use incognito option it is working good. Is it caused by cookies?
Thanks.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 8 months ago #186901 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Problems with not saving the answers

olaruda wrote: I am using: Vesion 3.14.11+180926

Totally unsure, but if i remind there are some issue related to save with this version.

Maybe you can update to 3.17 (BUT : not now, since zip file at www.limesurvey.org/stable-release are the 4.0RC1 )

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 8 months ago #186930 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Problems with not saving the answers
yes, my answer would also have been: update to the latest version, then see if it still doesn't work (might have been fixed in the meanwhile).

I think the files are corrected by now, according to this post of Louis: www.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-...ion-3-17-8-downloads

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose