Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is Loop (Jump) possible?

• User_Matilda
  • User_Matilda's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #184974 by User_Matilda
Is Loop (Jump) possible? was created by User_Matilda
Hello, great experts!
I'm newbie in LS. Help, please.
There are several notice here (in forum) about impocibility to use any loop, jump or something similar. Is it true? Perhaps, any JavaScript code can help to jump from "Question45 back to Question22". I saw some advices to use other surveys instead of LS for loop. But I like LS)
Thanks)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgschenck
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 10 months ago #184975 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Is Loop (Jump) possible?
I'm not aware of a workaround for looping. You might get some kind of looping depending of the questionstypes involved via a workaround. But a generic loop looks out of scope for the current state of LS.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #184983 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Is Loop (Jump) possible?
I think "Loop" and "Jump" are some different things.

To mee a "Loop" is a section that can be filled various times with information, while a "Jump" just lets you get straight to a certain location in the questionnaire.

The "Loop" function does not exist and needs to be implemented via inclusion of as many questions/question groups you would need for the "loop", then showing/hiding these questions/groups according to your needs.

"Jumps" can be simulated in a certain way via relevance equations, by hiding the questions in between the start and end point of the "jump", but this won't cover all the possibilities, e.g. your example to jump back. Only works for "jumping" forward (if at all possible, depending to your jump requirements).

You can have a look at the question index feature, which allows to jump to certain points within a questionnaire, but in a very specific use case.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cgschenck

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose