Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Pre-Fill Survey Answers with Participant Database Values

• PaulDBrown
  • PaulDBrown's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #183928 by PaulDBrown
We've been using limesurvey for about two years now for a small not-for-profit voting system and it has worked incredibly well!

What I'm hoping to be able to do is use the system to verify and/or update member information, but have not been able to figure out how to make it work (or if it is possible).

I have designed a survey with several short-free text type questions -- for example: Last Name, First Name, Email Address, Address, Phone, Etc....

All of these fields are already in the limesurvey participant database from an upload and a unique token has been generated for each member

What I'm ideally wanting is to send the invite emails with the embeded token link and when the member clicks the link, the survey loads, but every answer is pre-populated with the corresponding information from the participant database.

If this is not possible, I was also reading that perhaps I could make it part of the question instead and phrase all the questions similar to "Is your email aaa@example.com" -- make this a yes/no question and use if/then logic so that if they choose no, they are presented with a question/box to type the correct information.

I have not been able to figure out how to pre-populate the question answers based.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Usage of example.com
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #183935 by DenisChenu

PaulDBrown wrote: I have not been able to figure out how to pre-populate the question answers based.

You can use tokan attribute in Default answers ({TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} or {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_2}) for short text question.

Else : updateTokenByResponse is a plugin to update the token table after related survey is submitted (no free support on this plugin).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin, PaulDBrown
  • PaulDBrown
  • PaulDBrown's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #183951 by PaulDBrown
Many Thanks! Worked like a Champ!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose