Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Alias + Token

• BITCNI
  • BITCNI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #183905 by BITCNI
Alias + Token was created by BITCNI
Our current Limesurvey URL is niebs.limequery.com .
We have paid for the program, so we have an Alias: niebs.bitcni.org.uk

I've given myself a token to test, which works when I go to niebs.limequery.com/ , but if I try to use the alias with the token ( niebs.bitcni.org.uk/ ), I get a 401 error.

Have I done something wrong?

I've generated Token for a list of users, as it's a closed survey, so I need to be able to Email these out from our CRM system, and the email needs to contain the Token in the correct format, ie, niebs.bitcni.org.uk/TOKEN

Can someone please advise why the token works with the Limesurvey URL but not the Alias URL?
Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #183908 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Alias + Token
As this is specific to your account of the hosted version of Limesurvey, please contact the Limesurvey GmbH via the "support" link in the top navigation and create a support ticket.

However: How did you log in into your LS installation? Via niebs.bitcni.org.uk or via niebs.limequery.com/.

For the tokens links to work with a URL you need to login via this URL and create the links this way.

At least your URL niebs.bitcni.org.uk seems to point correctly to niebs.limequery.com.

I think you will need to check this with the guys behind Limesurvey Pro. Here in the forum the support comes mainly from volunteers for the software itself and not the hosting.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, cdorin
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #183941 by cdorin
Replied by cdorin on topic Alias + Token
Hello @BITCNI,

Thank you for your post. We have also answered your ticket.

If you are using tokens, the token will be attached like this to your link: niebs.bitcni.org.uk/ {surveyID} / token / {tokencode}

Please note that you can also email your survey participants: manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participant...ations_.26_reminders .

Also, as @holch pointed out, log into your instance from niebs.bitcni.org.uk .

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by cdorin.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose