Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How would I modify the file upload question?

• davebostockgmail
  • davebostockgmail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #183787 by davebostockgmail
How would I modify the file upload question? was created by davebostockgmail
We are getting more and more requests to capture video (real time from phone cameras) in our surveys. This seems to be a growing trend with clients who want to see and hear their customers.

Now there are other options available here when it comes to doing this for market research,VoxPopMe for example... however we (and by we I mean me) prefer to use Limesurvey as it does more than most of the commercially available packages due to the ability to customise the questions etc.

The file upload question has, when completed on a phone or tablet, the ability to capture a file directly from the camera, However the current way the question interfaces is not ideal or clear as you can see from the attached screenshots (I know the question text is mine and can be changed)

What I was wondering is .. is there a way to

a) Change the text on the button and the icon of possible to say "Record a video"
b) once this is pressed skip over the file upload pop up and go straight into the select from camera files screen.

This would make it so much easier for the respondents and would also bring LS more up to date with modern requirements for data collection in my opinion.

Cheers and have a great weekend

Dave

EDIT: Sorry I should know better ... Version 3.17.2+190408 ...
Theme : LimeStoreExtension-Material3-100 LimeSurvey Material Theme
Material Design for LimeSurvey.
uses FezVrasta's Material design theme for Bootstrap 3
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by davebostockgmail. Reason: Update with version and theme
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #183812 by holch
I think this is a good idea. I am not sure if it is possible to go straight to the camera role of the smartphone via the browser though. I guess what you first would need to check is if this is at all possible via the browser (this is not LS specific, I guess) and then I am sure that Tpartner or Denis will find a way to create a question template that can do this.

Also have a look at the offlinesurveys.com --> Screenshots as inspiration. They have some special "android question types", one is to take pictures. Maybe this can be used as a base somehow.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose