Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Screen out...nothing works

• canderson2
  • canderson2's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 hours ago - 5 years 3 hours ago #182429 by canderson2
Screen out...nothing works was created by canderson2
Me again. Sorry if this is really easy, this is not my area of expertise and I can't make sense of any of this..:)

I'm trying to screen people out of my survey so I was looking in the forums and manual at panel integration and quotas to redirect to a URL if they answer any of the screening questions "wrong" (Aka not in alignment with my inclusion criteria).

I've previewed the survey and it does terminate the survey if I answer "wrong" but it doesn't bring me to the URL, I just see this:

The manual links to several different topics...panel integration, quotas, URLs, etc etc etc. but I'm not finding anything helpful and I'm just going in circles reading each one with no success.

Can someone explain to me how to redirect to an external URL if they get screened out?
(Remember, I don't know how to do coding or anything. I'm struggling, I'm sorry.)

Or even just to take off the part at the top of the image attached that says "your assessment: please answer the following questions...."

Here are a few more screen shots:

Last edit: 5 years 3 hours ago by canderson2.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 3 hours ago #182430 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Screen out...nothing works
Looks like a combination of bugs in LimeSurvey and perhaps some mistakes in the surveydesign. What exact version of LimeSurvey is used?

Create a demo survey with a simple screenout and attach the LSS export here.
Test that version on you installation and on demo.limesurvey.org .

The autoload URL is activated, so you shouldn't see that page but a redirection to the URL. So that seems to be a bug.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: canderson2
  • canderson2
More
5 years 2 hours ago - 5 years 2 hours ago #182431 by canderson2
Replied by canderson2 on topic Screen out...nothing works
Version 2.50+ Build 160620

I've never done this before, so I accidentally uploaded my whole survey into the demo site....is that ok?

Edit: I just deleted everything except my screening and consent sections

I attached it as txt because for some reason when I download the LSS version it saves as xml.

Forgive me, please. :(

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...18-3.txt
File Size:26 KB

demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=survey/i...x&sid=439318&lang=en
Last edit: 5 years 2 hours ago by canderson2.
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182432 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Screen out...nothing works
Hi,
in your screenshot I see "The survey is not yet active"

There is a note "Note: Automatically loading the end URL works only if the survey is activated."

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • canderson2
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182433 by canderson2
I tested again after activating - same message. :(
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182435 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Screen out...nothing works
2.50+ Build 160620 is one of the first versions of the 2.7x branch and I am sure it has many, many, many, many, many bugs.

I would NOT run any production on this version. I highly recommend to update or even Upgrade to 3.0, because I think 2.7x was a branch of LS that we should better forget very, very quickly.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• canderson2
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182436 by canderson2
I should pass this information on to my university and tell them to upgrade to put an end to my sorrow. :)
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182437 by holch
Now one other thing: Quota should only work when your survey is activated.

But I think it doesn't make sense to discuss any of this with such a highly bug infested version of Limesurvey. Update to the latest version of this branch (not sure if this is still available) or better upgrade to 3.x and then check again. If the problem persists, we'll be happy to help you. But it doesn't make sense to work with a version of LS that is known to have many bugs. Is there a version history anywhere about how many versions have been released since this 2.50+ came out? I remember we had a time where there were updates daily or sometimes even 2x per day after this version came out.

Where did you get this version from? Where is it hosted?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
  • Away
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182438 by holch

I should pass this information on to my university and tell them to upgrade to put an end to my sorrow.

Ohhh, it is getting worse! So your university installed this "thing" and never did any update, for 2.5 years now?

I highly recommend to upgrade to the current stable version 3.16.x. I don't think it is worth to do the updates within the 2.7x branch, honestly. Just skip them.

But: Chances that your university will upgrade/update quickly is pretty low, given the fact that they did not care for updates for 2.5 years. What kind of computers are they running? Windows 95? ;-)

• canderson2
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182440 by canderson2
Hahahha Windows 7!

So basically it's likely that all my efforts to do this will be fruitless and I should just leave the page as it is?

Yikes...I foresee another challenge coming my way for something different then. :)
More
5 years 2 hours ago #182442 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Screen out...nothing works

canderson2 wrote: I should pass this information on to my university and tell them to upgrade to put an end to my sorrow. :)

If no administator is available, you might use a payed hosting with LimeSurvey GmbH (Serverlocation in Canada available) via www.limesurvey.org/editions-and-prices/l...-prices-professional

You might can convince people in your lab to invest into a fresh LS 3 installation on the lab servers as well.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 48 minutes ago #182445 by holch
I agree with Jelo. If you do not need to use the installation of your university, then you should try to use another instance of Limesurvey, either one of the payed hosting version or install your own instance (which I guess it not an option for you).

But before you do anything, test your survey on the demo installation and check if the problems persist there. Because then it is most probably a problem with your survey rather than Limesurvey.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose