Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problem with Installation on Webserver : Fatal error: Call to undefined function

• chrubuntu
  • chrubuntu's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118694 by chrubuntu
Hey guys,

I was just trying to install the limesurvey version 205+ (first time installation) on the webserver of my website. I think I got all the needed information correct (MySQL as database type, Database location, database user and password). During the next step the installer tells me that the database i try to create (called "limesurvey") does not exist, but limesurvey can attempt to create this database for me. As soon as I click on "create database" the following error appears:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getLanguageData() in /var/www/web97/html/canis-socius.de/limesurvey/application/models/InstallerConfigForm.php on line 74

As I am not the Geek I wished I'd be, I don't know what to do now. Can anybody give me hint what I've done wrong???

best regards, chrubuntu
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #118695 by holch
Create the database and a user for Limesurvey before you start the installation (e.g. via PHPmyAdmin) and try it again. Probably Limesurvey doesn't have the rights to create this database on your webserver.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by holch.
  • chrubuntu
  • chrubuntu's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #118700 by chrubuntu
Thanks holch,

this worked absolutely fine for me! Everything set up right now!
Thank you so much!

best regards, chrubuntu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose