Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Time limit for question groups

More
9 years 3 months ago #116196 by Dubi
Replied by Dubi on topic Time limit for question groups
it´s just for that question not for the whole group.
I´m now downloading the limesurvey version to my pc and hope i can add there everything and then import to the survey on the university server and that everything is going. cause i think it´s not possibel to put any java codes anywhere on the university example.
have I upload somewhere all java codes or just put them in the question text box in the source code option???
what exactly do I have to write??
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #116198 by Dubi
so I downloaded the 1,91 version to my pc, but it´s just a normal file not a program, so it´s over my skills defenitly. what´s your ideas what should I do??? maybe I give you the link and my passwords so you can sign in and see what is possibel and what not???
many thanks for loosing your nerves with me, dubi
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 months ago #116208 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Time limit for question groups

Dubi wrote: so I downloaded the 1,91 version to my pc, but it´s just a normal file not a program, so it´s over my skills defenitly.

????

Why use 1.91 version ? It work with 2.05 version, you can use limeservice for hosting survey.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
9 years 3 months ago #116212 by Dubi
yes I have this online hosting survey on my pc for single users now, but I imported my survey there, but now the timelimit is 1 sec. I think and the time is run out only and it put you to the next group, but I set 90 seconds not 1. is it important that you had the question on the last spot in the group and I had on the first? still I don´t know where to put theses java scripts in, cause also in the new version, when I put it in the text box it´s just text not more and I turned the xml something to off.
should I do maybe some updates somewhere???
just write me how you did that it worked.
and is it then possibel to import to the older version on the server without loosing this special tools?
thanks, d.
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #116215 by DenisChenu
I don't think question position make a difference.

You can import 1.91 survey to limeservice.

I'm not sure for XSS security, but still : need some javascript: try (with a shortext question), in the source text:
Code:
<script>
$(function() {
    $("#question{QID} input").hide();
});
</script>

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by DenisChenu.
More
9 years 3 months ago #116216 by Dubi
how can I set the countdown to 100 again, cause when I want to test it it stands, you have 100 seconds and the countdown starts, then one second after "your time is expired" and i´m at the next group.
and this:
<script>
$(function() {
$("#question{QID} input").hide();
});
</script>

still is written in the question.

I think I´m putting this java to the wrong box. where exactly should I?
I open the question and then at the text question field I click source code put that in and click save. Is this correct???
More
9 years 3 months ago #116217 by Dubi
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 3 months ago #116219 by DenisChenu
If i remind : the countdown stay in a cookie (else a user can do the survey and start again to have good answers).

Remove your cookie and try again.

Denis

More
9 years 3 months ago #116223 by Dubi
Yeah it worked. and now is it possibel to export this questionary from the new version and import it in my old version at the server that it works there to without losing anything, cause from the export from old to new the pictures where gone???
More
9 years 3 months ago #116224 by Dubi
After the import to the old version than its not working. Why???
The countdown is there and no strange javatext in the question, but it don´t switch to the next group automaticly. Why???
More
9 years 3 months ago #116225 by Dubi
Now that javascript text in the question is back. I will contact the server support from the university maybe they can change something. Or if you have some tool to fix that problem it will be great. Maybe in the old version is possibel with something else not javascript do that stuff, without disabel that xml thing in security???
Thanks very much, have a nice evening, Dubi
  • holch
More
9 years 3 months ago #116226 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Time limit for question groups
Old version, new version, local install, university server, it is all quite confusing.

My guess: Your university server runs a very old version of Limesurvey (most do and I don't know why, probably because the admins just don't care...) and probably the XSS filter is on, which makes it impossible for you to insert Javascript (or HTML into your survey). I doubt that they will switch off the XSS filter for you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose