Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

jquery Dialog window close icon misaligned

• jtrim1
  • jtrim1's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #115438 by jtrim1
Hello everyone! I was hoping I might toss out a question here in hopes that someone might have run into this before and has a simple answer.

I am adding a script to one of our questions attempting to allow a user to click a small button that will trigger a jquery dialog box to open showing them some furthar instructions. This is working just fine, however, the close icon that is generated by the jquery dialog box is not aligning itself properly. There is the little square box where the X should be. that is positioned properly, but the X is outside the box, to the lower right.

I've tried adding css to the code to force the x to move, but it refuses. I've created a dummy html page on the same server, outside of limesurvey to create this dialog box, and everything looks good there, so I believe that there's something funky in limesurvey causing the x to be mis-aligned.

When I am inspecting the element in chrome, I noticed that if I change the "margin" from 1 to 0 on that particular element, it lines itself right up, but I can't seem to get any response from the element when I add css to the code in the question. I've tried using !important in my css to override any parent style, but to no avail. has anyone else had trouble with the close button being misaligned in jquery dialog boxes inside limesurvey?

I am using Limesurvey 2.05

Thanks!
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 months ago #115485 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic jquery Dialog window close icon misaligned
Hi,

I think jquery-ui.css of included template are outdated. Please try to update directly the jquery-ui.css included. (downloading a new one on jquery-ui).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • lemonlimebitters
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141787 by lemonlimebitters
Replied by lemonlimebitters on topic jquery Dialog window close icon misaligned
Hi,
I've got the same problem on Version 2.06+ Build 151018
(ie. misaligned close button in the dialog)
There isn't any jquery-ui.css file in the template folder to update... but there is jquery-ui-custom.css so i'm not sure what to do here as the comments in the css file say the template will include jquery-ui-custom.css OR jquery-ui.css

This affects the 'default' template.
Any ideas how to fix this would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

(I can 'fix' this temporarily with CSS but would rather fix it properly in case there are other display errors that make themselves known later down the track)

lemonlimebitters
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lemonlimebitters. Reason: To avoid someone telling me how to do a quick fix as I know how to do this.
  • holch
More
7 years 6 months ago #141813 by holch
Replied by holch on topic jquery Dialog window close icon misaligned
You are using an outdated version of 2.06+. I am sure there is a newer release. This might already be fixed. So please update to the latest 2.06+ release and see what happens.

Watch out: There is currently the 2.06+ branch and there is the 2.5 branch. In the 2.5 branch many things will change, so be aware.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 6 months ago #141843 by Mazi

holch wrote: You are using an outdated version of 2.06+. I am sure there is a newer release. This might already be fixed. So please update to the latest 2.06+ release and see what happens.

Watch out: There is currently the 2.06+ branch and there is the 2.5 branch. In the 2.5 branch many things will change, so be aware.

Note that for getting the latest 2.06LTS release files (last release: 08/2016) a premium package is required. See www.limesurvey.org/services for more details.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose