Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Comfort Update Fails

More
8 years 11 months ago #119317 by sysco
Replied by sysco on topic Comfort Update Fails
Same here: 2.00+ -> 2.05+ upgrade

without 'updater.php' update -> Property "update.updaterversion" is not defined.

And with 'updater.php' update -> Error : PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature because the zip file contains ASCII stating File '/var/www/update.limesurvey.org/tmp/LimeSurvey/admin/update/updater.php' does not exist

Looks like a loose-loose situation. ComfortUpdate really does not deserve its name :-(
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 11 months ago #119324 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Comfort Update Fails

sysco wrote: Same here: 2.00+ -> 2.05+ upgrade

without 'updater.php' update -> Property "update.updaterversion" is not defined.

And with 'updater.php' update -> Error : PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature because the zip file contains ASCII stating File '/var/www/update.limesurvey.org/tmp/LimeSurvey/admin/update/updater.php' does not exist

Looks like a loose-loose situation. ComfortUpdate really does not deserve its name :-(

That does not happen with every update from 2.0 to 2.05. It is an issue with some release only. For all others the ComfortUpdate works very well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #119325 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Comfort Update Fails
OK, so you experienced a problem with the "ComfortUpdate". That is very unfortunate.

I personally find the comfort update VERY comfortable. I didn't FTP anything to my Limesurvey installation for probably 2 years or so. All comfort updates went through smooth.

So just because in some occasions an error occurs, there is no need to doubt the "comfort update" itself immediately. I can understand that you are frustrated because this error happend, but no need to scare away other from the comfort update.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 11 months ago #119340 by sysco
Replied by sysco on topic Comfort Update Fails
Mainly, as I spent a lot of time searching about these two errors, I thought it was a good idea to post here a short post with *all* error messages. Anyone searching for those would be kind of lucky to arrive here where the solution is written: make a manual upgrade, no alternative.

Beside, it is a bit disappointing that the 'official' fix for a problem also leads to an error, moreover when this error *seems* to be just a missing file on your website (That's what we can read in the 'zip' file).

Anyway, I finally made a manual upgrade and despite the fact that it took much time (add the time searching for a comfortUpgrade fix :), it now runs 2.05+ without problem.
  • holch
More
8 years 11 months ago #119342 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Comfort Update Fails
Well, it is definitely good to have the error messages and the solution here. That is great. Your post just sounded, well, ...

Great that it was solved with the manual upgrade.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose