Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

I've just finished installing, and I cannot create a new survey?

More
9 years 6 months ago #112403 by naiky
Hello

I've just finished installing Limesurvey. Now I'm on the admin screen that says "Welcome to Limesurvey".

It asks me to click on an icon to create a new survey. Where is this icon?! (I have attached a screenshot.

Can someone please help me here?

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #112414 by holch
You are missing quite a few icons there. There are two options:

You are logged in with a very limited profile (user has too few rights) or something went wrong with your installation (I guess this is the real reason).

During your installation, have there been any error messages?

My first guess is that you are missing some files. This happens sometimes as FTP often "looses" files. I would just upload all files again and then reload. By the way, for finish your installation just now you have a "fairly old" version installed (I am kidding, but it is not the latest). We are at Build 140911 already.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
9 years 4 months ago #113817 by vadindot
I'm expereincing this as well.

I installed 2.05+, everything went find up until the "optional" screen where I ran into the standard GoDaddy issue "No input file specified"

I edited the config.php file and changed urlFormat to get

However, the admin account was not created in the process, so I had to manually add the account via SQL.

Now when I log in, I see a screen similar to the one from the first poster, where there are no icons to create surveys, edit settings etc...

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose