Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to change/control survey url? Url doesn't work from local network.

• fsando
  • fsando's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112055 by fsando
When I sent out some invite mails while logged in from the local network where limesurvey is installed the survey url is for my internal address.

How do I set the survey url explicitly to my servers external ip-address? I have two different domains pointing to the server so i would like to set the survey url for each survey individually.

Is that possible?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 6 months ago #112056 by holch
You will need to log in via the servers external ip-address when sending the emails (and not with the internal ip address within the local network).

You simply access via the domain / IP that you want the emails sent from.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: c_schmitz
  • fsando
  • fsando's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #112059 by fsando
Thanks for answering.

Yes I know it works if I access it externally. What I do now, when I'm home is to either log in directly on my phone or tether my computer through the phone which is not very practical but works. I had hoped there would be an option to set the survey url independently.

I just saw this thread from a couple of days ago: survey-invitation-url-is-my-private-address which clearly says that while there is a work around for the general case the option does not really exist. In my case I have two external domains pointing to my limesurvey site so I can have it appear to be two different sites. Therefore it would have been nice to be able to set the survey url explicitly for each individual survey.

Thanks for all your great work :)
More
8 years 6 months ago #123888 by it

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose