Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Convert resource links and INSERTANS fields issue

Convert resource links and INSERTANS fields issue 6 months 2 weeks ago #100489

• trivender
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
I have a survey,

For instance in survey1 i used document.getElementById("answer11111X22222X3333333").where,

survey ID of survey1= 11111
Group ID for survey1 = 22222
Question ID for survey1 = 3333333

when I duplicate ( export lss of this survey and import it back) the survey I found that this code is changed to document.getElementById("answer44444X55777555X666666") in the duplicate one(survey2)

survey ID of survey2= 44444
Group ID for survey2 = 55555
Question ID for survey2 = 666666.

You can see there are some undesired numbers 777 is survey 2 group id.I remember when i duplicated surveys in past all fields like surveyid , groupid and question ids changed automatically to match the new survey but this time it not.

Can someone please help me to figure out how it happened and give me some resolution for the same.
Trivender Singh
Survey Designer and Programmer
"I always suggest to have a group by group display layout and create a seprate group for each question. This will be extra work but you will get flexiblity to create your question by using more than more lime survey question types."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Convert resource links and INSERTANS fields issue 6 months 2 weeks ago #100492

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 91
The conversion should not touch Javascript as I am wondering that it touches that bit at all. It should only convert the official EM tags. However if it converted JS bits like that for you then you are lucky, but it is not officially supported (and therefore not error-free).
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Donation Image