Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Set Directory permissions

Set Directory permissions 7 months 4 weeks ago #99220

Hello I am a little confused. Hope you can help me.

I uploaded my folder, next step is to set directory permissions.

The "/limesurvey/tmp" directory and all its subdirectories and files are used for imports & uploads and should be set to Read & Write for your webserver.
The "/limesurvey/upload/" directory and all its subdirectories and files must also have Read & Write for your webserver in order to enable picture and media files upload.
The "/limesurvey/application/config/" directory also needs Read & Write permissions for your webserver.
The other directories can be set to Read Only or in Linux/Unix. You may wish to set the permissions on each file within the /limesurvey/admin directory to Read Only.

I am not sure about what to do with "execute" (I translated it to english hope is the right word). Expecially for "the other directories"!

Thanks for helping me with these two questions: What to to with "execute" and especially with "execute" when reading only is clicked on.

Edit: By the way, I use Filezilla for changing the directory permissions, maybe it is important.
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by firstservey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Set Directory permissions 7 months 4 weeks ago #99227

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 716
Hi,

In a linux web server: if a directory don't have "execute" rigth, the user can not see the file inside.
See wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/Modes_%28Unix%29

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: firstservey

Set Directory permissions 7 months 4 weeks ago #99241

Thanks!

Just to be sure, that means I have to click on "execute" in every folder? Otherwise the files are useless?
DenisChenu wrote:
Hi,

In a linux web server: if a directory don't have "execute" rigth, the user can not see the file inside.
See wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org/Modes_%28Unix%29

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Donation Image