Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+

error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+ 2 years 6 months ago #89727

• arinekhen
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi. I apologize for making my first post a request for help. But, it can't be helped. :unsure:

Today everything seemed to go well when I upgraded our limesurvey instance. Everything seems fine except for when I try to run the database integrity check and get error 500. Where should I be looking for clues?

ubuntu 8.04
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.2
PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.26 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2012 19:22:46)
Server version: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)

In an effort to reduce the downtime of the surveys, I strayed from the procedure at:
docs.limesurvey.org/Upgrading+from+a+pre...tions+for+LimeSurvey
in that instead of deleting the current site I created a copy of it (and it's database under a new name, etc) and ran the upgrade there. Then I swapped the /var/www survey directories so that the original limesurvey became _limesurvey_ and the temporarily-named newsurvey became limesurvey - then I edited the config.php so the site path went from newsurvey to limesurvey. Did I cause the integrity check page error by upgrading in this way?

Thanks very much for your help,
Doug Simmons
SIUC
The administrator has disabled public write access.

error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+ 2 years 6 months ago #89761

• arinekhen
  • Fresh Lemon
bumping my question in hopes of getting some input, thanks!

error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+ 2 years 6 months ago #89784

• arinekhen
  • Fresh Lemon
I withdraw my question.
I had to revert to the original 1.91+ Build 10494 and will start over trying to upgrade it.

Was there something about my post or the way I posted it which caused it to be disregarded? I am new to this community, but I didn't see this issue in past posts and I included as much system detail as possible, so hopefully I was following good practice in the way I did it.

error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+ 2 years 6 months ago #90646

• cheryl
  • Fresh Lemon
I am experiencing the same problem. I am using Windows server with IIS 7 and MySQL, though. Did you discover a resolution?

error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+ 2 years 6 months ago #90647

• arinekhen
  • Fresh Lemon
No, I ended up reverting to the old limesurvey instance because I never got any help. Good luck.

error 500 on database integrity check after upgrade from 1.92 to 2.00+ 2 years 6 months ago #90649

• cheryl
  • Fresh Lemon
I think I fixed it. See if this works for you.
First, I opened application/config/config.php and changed the debug option from 0 to 1. When I refreshed the checkintegrity page, the following error message appeared in my browser (IE).

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\framework\db\CDbCommand.php on line 506

After doing some Googling, I found the following very helpful link.
www.tech-recipes.com/rx/777/solve-php-fa...tes-exhausted-tried/

As per the advice given there, I added a line at the top of the aforementioned CDbCommand.php page:
ini_set("memory_limit","156M");

Upon refreshing the checkintegrity page again, it performed as expected. Lastly, I went back to the config file and changed debug back to 0 instead of 1.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if it does.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds