Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Export the results of a survey to SPSS while the survey is still activated

Export the results of a survey to SPSS while the survey is still activated 1 year 7 months ago #84924

• DianaS7
  • Fresh Lemon
I have a survey that is currently active, but I need to do a premilinary analysis of the data. I don´t want to deactivate the survey, but I need to export the results that I have so far, to SPSS. Can I do the exportation while the survey is still active? Can it compromise the survey or have any implication in the future?

Thanks

Diana
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Export the results of a survey to SPSS while the survey is still activated 1 year 7 months ago #84927

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
You can export the spss results for the active survey without any problem. If you deactivate, you can no longer access the answers.

In spss export you download two files: syntax and data. If you do it a second time, you can download both, but you need only the new data file as the syntax (design of the survey) doesn't change, only the data.
---
Menno Dekker

Re: Export the results of a survey to SPSS while the survey is still activated 1 year 7 months ago #84929

• DianaS7
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you very much for the answer!

Diana

Re: Export the results of a survey to SPSS while the survey is still activated 1 year 1 week ago #94692

• cehd
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

We have downloaded LS less then two months ago. I have two questions about exporting results:

1. In our SPSS syntax file, the variable numbers are shifted after V2: there are V1, V2, V4, V5, etc., but no V3. In the Excel file, the third column contains 'Last page', and it seems to be OK as we see there the last page numbers of a completed survey. In the SPSS data file (including variables description) this variable is just absent, but without shifting other variables' numbers: there are V1, V2, V3, V4, etc. So, there is a contradiction in variable numbers between the SPSS syntax file and the SPSS data file. Is it a common problem or just our case?

2. Integer values in our answers are not visible after the direct export to SPSS. During the opening process in SPSS, however, these numbers are visible in the small window, but with decimals. (We don't have problems with numbers, which are not integers. Also, if we export our results to Excel and then open them in SPSS, we can see the integers.) What can be the reason?

If someone could comment on these issues, thank you in advance.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Donation Image