My problem with LimeSurvey is that often people get kicked out of my survey with the error:
We are sorry but your session has expired.
Either you have been inactive for too long, you have cookies disabled for your browser, or there were problems with your connection.
I know this topic has been discussed on the forum before but because I am new at this, I do not even understand the replies. What I learned is that I should:
1. in php.ini make sure that "register_globals=Off" or delete "register_global" all together? (conflicting posts on this)
2. in php.ini and php5.ini increase memory limit to 64M
3. in index.php change session limit
But I have no idea where php.ini and php5.ini are. In my Limesurvey folder at the FTP server I changed the advanced settings so that hidden files are no longer hidden. Still, I cannot find any .ini files.
In the index.php file (found on the folder Limesurvey on my ftp server) there is no mention of a session limit.
I already increased the allowed session time (to 7200 sec) on the LimeSurvey adminstration panel.
Is there something else that could cause my problem?
Some info on my survey (made by a friend who bailed out on me and no longer wants to help, so I am sort of thrown in the deep end here)
2. At the bottom of my LimeSurvey administrator page it says: Version 1.92+ Build 120808
3. I asked my webhost about my "random excess memory" and he says I have about 266M. I also asked him about "suhosin" and he says I cannot change those seetings on his server.
4. I have an adjusted template but for the rest I changed nothing in LimeSurvey coding.
If you want other specific information, I am more than happy to supplement this. But could you be very specific where I (a complete dummy) can find this information.
Please help me!
The administrator has disabled public write access.