Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Duplicate Tokens Being Generated

Duplicate Tokens Being Generated 3 years 1 month ago #81122

• brian
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello friends -

One of my dashboards started showing some flaky behavior; when I poked around I found that I've got a bunch of duplicate tokens in my token table! I have 2552 rows in lime_tokens_##### and 2432 distinct token fields in lime_tokens_#####. I am running lime Version 1.91+ Build 10951.

I do not have tokens set to expire, i.e., validfrom and validuntil is null in all rows.

I am not importing survey recipients via spreadsheet or adding people manually, but rather, an programmatically inserting values into lime_tokens_##### and then invoking the lime 'generate tokens' functionality through automated web mimicry; i.e., HTTP posts generated from the java space.

This is a big, big problem for me. Has anyone else run into something like this? If I need to, I can change up my routine and generate my own random keys and skip out on the component that invokes lime "random" token generation, but wanted to see if anyone out here could give me some insight.

Thanks.
brian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicate Tokens Being Generated 3 years 1 month ago #81124

• brian
  • Fresh Lemon
Note: Somehow a 80kb .png violated a maximum length for attachments, but I had a screenshot of my database explorer and duplicate token action.

Duplicate Tokens Being Generated 3 years 1 month ago #81126

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 481
There is also a limit for the size in Pixel. I think it is something around 800px. You could upload the screenshot somewhere else and send a link though.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Duplicate Tokens Being Generated 3 years 1 month ago #81127

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 329
I have never read about such a problem and I'm pretty sure this is related to your customized code. Does it include the check for exisiting tokens like it is done internally when tokens are created by Limesurvey?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Duplicate Tokens Being Generated 3 years 1 month ago #81224

• brian
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Mazzi -

I'd be the first to blame my code too, but I can't see how. (?) In any case, I've modified my code to generate my own unique tokens and skipped the component that was invoking the lime piece to handle this.

Even crazier, when I extract the .ddl from lime_tokens_##### it tells me that there is a unique index attached to the token column. See the attached screenshot. That isn't my code!

brian
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by brian. Reason: changed 'spreadsheet' to 'screenshot' / sorry

Duplicate Tokens Being Generated 3 years 1 month ago #81307

• lucianoes
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm having the same issu working with remote control. There are duplicate tokens. I'm generating tokens from perl(Request Tracker).
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds