Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cannot submit data in 'data entry'

Cannot submit data in 'data entry' 3 years 2 months ago #56366

• HWG
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello there!

I'm new to Limesurvey but I'm having a problem I didn't have before, and the person I work for hasn't encountered it as well.

In the data entry screen, I cannot submit the data. The 'submit'-button on the end of the survey simply isn't activated. Last week I tried the chat for support, and I got the advice to download some updates or the most recent version (we're working with 1.89, if I'm correct). But I just learned how to work with this part of the program, so downloading a new version will probably take me more time. Besides, I'm not sure if a new version will automatically transfer the data we have so far, and the online survey is still open, so I think it would be easier if we just got the problem solved with the version we're working with now.

On the chat I was also told to check the forum as a similar bug was discussed and solved a while ago. I've browsed through the entire forum as well as the bugtracker, but I can't seem to find any information that's relevant to my problem.

Can someone help us, please? Someone said that only the admin is allowed to manually enter data in the data entry screen, but I'm logged in on the admins username and password, and she herself has the same problem when she logs in. Untill about two weeks ago we didn't have this problem and manual data entry was as easy as anything, but now we can't submit any data, simply because we cannot click the button. It's very frustrating!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot submit data in 'data entry' 3 years 2 months ago #56390

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 719
I think the best and speed solution is to update to the last version.

:)

verify your actual version, you see it at the bottom of the admin page. 1.89 doesn't exist.
If you want to take all insurance : copy/paste your database and your actual ls directory before doing the update.

Re: Cannot submit data in 'data entry' 3 years 2 months ago #56401

• HWG
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your reply. Won't updating change the settings for the running surveys? The whole thing (who to sent an invitation email, who to sent a reminder, the online surveys that are filled out yet, the paper based surveys we entered manually, seems to me rather complex to simply transfer it to a new version. Will an updated version easily import the data from the old version, and keep al the planned tasks running?
Shnoulle wrote:
verify your actual version, you see it at the bottom of the admin page. 1.89 doesn't exist.
LOL, I wasn't sure about that one. I'll check monday when I'm back at work. I think it was 1.86, but still - not entirely sure.

But - forgive me for not letting it go yet - surely there should be a way to fix our current version? The survey has been out for months now, and entering the incidental paper based survey manually never gave any problems before. I myself did submit one about two weeks ago, and on the same day I suddenly couldn't submit the other surveys anymore. I really have no idea how this happened. While I was entering data, the screen suddenly closed itself out of nothing. After I started the program again and began entering the data of that same survey, that 'submit'-button wasn't active anymore. How is this even possible?

Re: Cannot submit data in 'data entry' 3 years 2 months ago #56427

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 719
HWG wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Won't updating change the settings for the running surveys? The whole thing (who to sent an invitation email, who to sent a reminder, the online surveys that are filled out yet, the paper based surveys we entered manually, seems to me rather complex to simply transfer it to a new version. Will an updated version easily import the data from the old version, and keep al the planned tasks running?
Sometimes, there are some problem with user template, it's the reason why i advie you to make a backup before upgrading.

To upgrade, you just need to uplod the new limesurvey files to your webserver, edit config.php according to your current installtion, goes to admin/ page, and LS do the upgrade , keeping the current survey like is it.

surely there should be a way to fix our current version?
Sure it's possible, but we already make a lot of modification, and we can't know what modification can correct your specific situation.

:)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image