Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Show Advanced options & subquestions not working

Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 8 months ago #46727

hello,
I have just installed the software and started a survey. I then found clicking "show advanced options" does nothing. I then tried adding subquestions and found the "add" and "delete" buttons do nothing either. I can add the first subquestion only. The import and quick add buttons are also inactive. Everything else seems to work - I can view the survey etc.

I have searched the forums and have tried re-uploading in binary, 3 different browsers and pulling my hair out ;). Still the same problem persists. I am under pressure to write a survey and cannot complete it until these functions all work.

I have notice the jquery-ui-i18n.js and jquery-ui.js files are a different size when I upload them. I tried binary and ascii but they are always different sizes:
jquery-ui-i18n.js 38,369 (uploaded it is 37,870)
jquery-ui.js 192,964 (uploaded it is 192,667)

Help much appreciated!
Rob
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 8 months ago #46728

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Seems weird.

Ususally they should have the same size on your hard disk and on the server.

Which program are you using for the upload?
What is your internet connection? (especially the outgoing connection, upload?).

I experienced once with a relatively unstable upstream that the files were not uploaded completely and this Limesurvey didn't work properly. There was no warning whatsoever from the FTP client.

Might be your case as well.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 8 months ago #46738

I tried another ftp client and the same thing happens. Connection is good. I noticed the file size calculation is made after a file is uploaded, the client refreshes the screen and the file size changes. However I do not think this is the problem as most js functions work fine, such as calendar which is in one of these files.

I have attached a shot of Firebug when I move my mouse over the "add question" button. I would expect to see a hyperlink here?
addsub.png

If any mod would like to see this problem on my site please go to

robendersby.com/limesurvey/admin

log and pw are admin and password

Thanks again,
Rob
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by robendersby.

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 8 months ago #46743

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
robendersby.com/limesurvey/scripts/jquery/jquery.qtip.js

Is not working... that is your problem as it halts javascript execution. Try re-uploading that file and see if it works.
---
Menno Dekker

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 8 months ago #46744

Fantastic! The file on the server was 0 bytes. I re-uploaded and everything works. Many thanks and I will indeed be making a donation B) :laugh:

Rob

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 7 months ago #47046

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 5 months ago #51340

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, really donation is so little for such wondoerful system. I am going and coming over all the forums and i have read all the related answer regaring the Jquery issue, but without results so far :( i the real problem is the was working for me very perfect! i don't know what happend suddenly, and all stoped! i have re-uploaded scrtips folders many times with binary and others, had the vhost disabled mod_security i have installed new LS on another directory from fantastico and works fine! only this one what i am using is not responding to add/edit subquestions, have a look about details, and please consider that i have re-uploaded the mentioned files with no positive results yet

www.limesurvey.org/support/forums/1-inst...art=10&lang=en#51310

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 5 months ago #51357

• itsme
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
hello again, above issue has been solved (re-uploading all files in binary) i have answered the other thread for your information. thanks again.

Re:Show Advanced options & subquestions not working 3 years 5 months ago #51361

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Thank you very much for your feedback. The information about what has worked for you will surely help some others as well.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by holch.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Donation Image