Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Tutorials/Beginner tour does run anymore

• advanz_lu
  • advanz_lu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #170111 by advanz_lu
Tutorials/Beginner tour does run anymore was created by advanz_lu
Hello,

I have just installed LS and ran the beginner tour.

I have now upgraded to Version 3.12.1+180616 and it doesn't run anymore.

Any ideas why?

AND
Why did the tour create two surveys with different survey ID's but the same Title ?

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #170375 by John_K
Replied by John_K on topic Tutorials/Beginner tour does run anymore
Hi advanz_lu,
Since U installed LS312, then U R signed in as admin. My LS experience is- When in admin mode, Tutorial works, but when signed in as non-admin user, tutorial does Not work. C www.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-...ginner-tutorial-tour

Reg. ur 2nd observation- [Why did the tour create two surveys with different survey ID's but the same Title ?]
I'm assuming this happened for versions older than LS312? As U stated tours in 312 does not work for U?

My instances of LS creating 2 identical surveys with diff IDs, is when I attempt to 'import older .lss files into LS312' During the import process LS throws a 'failed to insert data [3]' error. But if I refresh LS, I do see the imported survey entry twice,-BUT the survey import is incomplete.
Then if I delete the 2 entries & try to import again, LS goes thru the same error msg, but this time round only 1 survey entry is visible. However the survey is not imported correctly & is incomplete.

If U are experiencing this Tutorials issue, pls let LS Bug team know to bump there at bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=13667
Thanks
JK
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by John_K. Reason: Corrected wording.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose