Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Fresh Install, no errors, Cannot login to admin console after it completes.

• splummer
  • splummer's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #132377 by splummer
I am at my wits end with this. I have installed the latest version of limesurvey - limesurvey250plus-build160228 - about 7 times now.

I have all pre-reqs met on the pre requisite screen. The install completes without errors. I attempt to login right after the install and get incorrect username/password every time. I have tried with the defaults, I have tried changing the username/password. I have tried with a simple password, with a super complex password. Nothing works. I get no log errors in my apache logs. The only errors logged to apache during the entire installation and login pass are these:
[Mon Feb 29 13:19:40 2016] [error] [client MYIP] File does not exist: /webshared/apps/limesurvey2/limesurvey/styles/admin
[Mon Feb 29 13:19:40 2016] [error] [client MYIP] File does not exist: /webshared/apps/limesurvey2/limesurvey/images/favicon.ico

Clearly many people have installed this so something is not wrong with the installer but I cannot figure out what might be tripping things up for my install.

It is a OEL 6.7 server running PHP 5.3.3. The postgres server is 9.3.9, I can see the connection to the database server succeed in the database server logs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by splummer.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #132378 by holch
I don't know if it is the same case for you, but I have seen with others in the forum, that an upgrade to PHP 5.5 has solved some white screens after intallations or upgrades. I know, officially required is only 5.3.3 or later, but in some cases there were white screens and they were solved by upgrading to 5.5. Have a look around at the forum.

manual.limesurvey.org/Installation#Make_...rvey_on_your_website

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splummer
  • splummer
  • splummer's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #132398 by splummer
It does appear this was the case. Ran it on a server with PHP 5.6.5 and had no issues with the admin login after installation. Thanks for the suggestion!

However it does appear LDAP is broken 2.5 for me. This post indicates it is probably not just me - www.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-...-upgrade-ldap#130994 I was having trouble using the search feature in the bug tracker though to determine if that bug ever go filed.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #132654 by Burt

splummer wrote: I am at my wits end with this. I have installed the latest version of limesurvey - limesurvey250plus-build160228 - about 7 times now.

I have all pre-reqs met on the pre requisite screen. The install completes without errors. I attempt to login right after the install and get incorrect username/password every time. I have tried with the defaults, I have tried changing the username/password. I have tried with a simple password, with a super complex password. Nothing works. I get no log errors in my apache logs. The only errors logged to apache during the entire installation and login pass are these:
[Mon Feb 29 13:19:40 2016] [error] [client MYIP] File does not exist: /webshared/apps/limesurvey2/limesurvey/styles/admin
[Mon Feb 29 13:19:40 2016] [error] [client MYIP] File does not exist: /webshared/apps/limesurvey2/limesurvey/images/favicon.ico

Clearly many people have installed this so something is not wrong with the installer but I cannot figure out what might be tripping things up for my install.

It is a OEL 6.7 server running PHP 5.3.3. The postgres server is 9.3.9, I can see the connection to the database server succeed in the database server logs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not saying that this is your problem but it look like the one I have been dealing with since my first day with LimeSurvey.

Try this:

Load in your browser the admin page and type in your Username and Password. Click Login and you should get the screen flashing but nothing else happen.
Now open another tab and in there clear your browsing data (everything in your cache) while the other tab is still open.
Now back to the admin enter again your Username and Password and you should get in...

This has been working for me for the past two years and I was wondering if I'm the only one having this problem every time I need to access the admin. I'm using Torch but I had the same problem when I was using Chrome
I hope this may help.

Burt
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Burt.
  • holch
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #132657 by holch
I am using LS for quite a while (especially under Chrome) and I have never heard of the problem you describe and have never seen this on the forum either. A weird case.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #132660 by Burt
Ok. I just read your reply and went to try to log in using IE 10 and it doesn't do it. But if I try to log in using Chrome or Torch it does it to me every time. To log in I have to do what I mention in my previous post.

Now I just update Lime to version 2.06 Build 150731 and it tells me that there is a security update available. So I click on Click here to use comfort Update and I get this error:

PO-Revision-Date: 2013-01-03 10:42:52+0000 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=n != 1; X-Generator: GlotPress/0.1 X-Poedit-KeywordsList: gT;ngt:1,2;eT;neT:1,2 X-Poedit-SourceCharset: utf-8 X-Poedit-Basepath: ..\..\..\ X-Poedit-SearchPath-0: . X-Poedit-Language: English Project-Id-Version: LimeSurvey 2.x

Any idea?
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #132669 by Ben_V
weird... you may try this new one:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/2.06lts

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #132672 by Burt
Ok .. Two reply, two that's weird :laugh:

None the less. The built 150731 did not let me update any more so I delete everything from server and install a new 160228 and I can also confirm that now login in works with Torch as well....

Thank you...

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose