Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Not detecting plugin?

• robbiehunt
  • robbiehunt's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #128709 by robbiehunt
Not detecting plugin? was created by robbiehunt
I have several windows installations using 2.05 and the AuthCAS plugin. I always drop the unzipped folder into the plugins folder and it shows up in the admin screen.

I am now attempting a redhat installation and for some reason it is not detecting the AuthCAS folder. It simply does not show up in the plugins menu. I cannot figure it out. I have tried changing permissions on the folder, and that didn't work. Is there a step missing? Is there something I ought to configure in linux to make it work?

Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 months ago #128752 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Not detecting plugin?
Strange ,

I didn't made any change on my *nux to see plugins. Maybe something with upper/lower-case ?
The directory/the file/the class name must have the same case.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • robbiehunt
  • robbiehunt's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #128786 by robbiehunt
Replied by robbiehunt on topic Not detecting plugin?
I thought I tried that, but I went back to verify. I even changed the protected var $name from 'CAS' to 'AuthCAS' to match the php file and the folder name.

Still nothing.

Also rather than SFTPing the /AuthCAS folder - I uploaded the zip and then unzipped as root and copied the brand new folder to the plugins folder.

Still nothing.

I tried adding an entryies in the 'plugins' table and the 'plugin_settings' table. To maybe force it. When I go back to the plugins page something quickly comes up saying something like "AuthCAS not found and will be removed" and then the entry is removed from the plugins table and not displayed in the plugins menu.

If I can't figure this out by lunch, I'll probably just reinstall.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose