Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

MySQL error during new install

• MattCorriere
  • MattCorriere's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #122860 by MattCorriere
MySQL error during new install was created by MattCorriere
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to setup a fresh server running Limesurvey v. 206 (the latest) and am having some MySQL errors. Here is the information of our web server:

CentOS 6.6 (latest updates as well)
PHP 5.5
MySQL 5.1.73 running on same server

I attached a screen shot with what PHP extensions we are running, and also what repository they are downloaded from.

When we try to run the installer, it crashes after clicking "Continue" on the optional install step and displays the following error:

Internal Server Error
Could not add optional settings: exception 'CDbException' with message 'The table "{{users}}" for active record class "User" cannot be found in the database.' in /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php:2362
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php(411): CActiveRecordMetaData->__construct(Object(User))
#1 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php(677): CActiveRecord->getMetaData()
#2 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/models/LSActiveRecord.php(27): CActiveRecord->hasAttribute('created')
#3 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php(396): LSActiveRecord->behaviors()
#4 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/models/User.php(33): CActiveRecord::model('User')
#5 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(661): User::model()
#6 /var/www/html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(83): InstallerController->stepOptionalConfiguration()
#7 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): InstallerController->run('optional')
#8 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('installer/optio...')
#9 /var/www/html/limesurvey/framework/base/CApplication.php(184): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#10 /var/www/html/limesurvey/index.php(211): CApplication->run()
#11 {main}.

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

If I try to open another tab then a different error is displayed:

Internal Server Error
The table "{{settings_global}}" for active record class "SettingGlobal" cannot be found in the database.

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

We have had similar error messages when we had a CentOS 5.11 server running php 5.3, and MySQL 5.1.73 (this server has been decommissioned). We also have tried to install previous versions, and the latest one we could get to complete was Limesurvey v. 1.92 on the CentOS 6 server. The same error messages also appear whether I create the Limesurvey MySQL database before the install starts or not.

I have searched through the forums and found this bug report, but it appears that it should have been resolved in the latest release / PDO driver problem. bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8627

Has anyone else had similar trouble with the PHP55w-PDO or PHP55w-MySQL extensions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-- Matt
The topic has been locked.
  • MattCorriere
  • MattCorriere's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #123017 by MattCorriere
Replied by MattCorriere on topic MySQL error during new install
Hi everyone,

I wanted to update this topic before closing it.

It must have been something wrong with our CentOS 6.5 install. I installed CentOS 6.5 and then ran the system updates to 6.6. Everything appeared normal, but we kept getting the above errors. We deleted the original VM and ended up downloading and installed a fresh 6.6 version of CentOS. We then ran through the latest version of LimeSurvey without any problems (after installed the dependencies).

Have a great day!

-- Matt
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose